A. We never want to act like we have control over time (Proverbs 27:1).
- We cannot guarantee tomorrow (James 4:13-16).
- We don’t know what the future can hold (Ecclesiastes 9:10-12).
- You could die at the most unexpected time (Luke 12:13-21) and then the Judgment (Hebrews 9:27).
- We are supposed to be ready for that day (II Peter 3:1-14).
II. Body: With What Was Stated Above In Sight, Let’s Consider That In Most Things It Is Good Not To Rush (Proverbs 19:2).
A. The balance to urgency is that the Lord wants us to think through our spiritual choices (Joshua 24:19-24 and Luke 14:25-33).
- Looking to the future in your decision making process (Deuteronomy 32:15-29).
- Consider where you’re headed (Proverbs 4:25-27 and Ephesians 5:15-17).
- Again though, balance, when it comes to salvation; you’d better not take too much time (Psalms 119:59-60).
- Quick decisions don’t always result in lasting success (Proverbs 28:22).
- The wisdom used in carnal decisions often translates into spiritual thinking and actions (Matthew 13:44-46 and Luke 16:1-13).
- Get WISE counsel (Proverbs 11:14, Proverbs 24:6, and Titus 2:2-6).
- To test what you're thinking (I Thessalonians 5:21).
- To see what happened to others who walked that path (Jude 1:5-7).
- Know yourself and consider these things as they relate to you and your state of being (II Corinthians 13:5).
III. Conclusion: He that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly (Proverbs 14:29).
© 1999-2020 Brian A. Yeager