Why Do I ______________
A. While door knocking the other
day and hearing repeated “I am not interested” type of comments I asked
myself “why do I continue to do this?”
I. Why Do I Worship God?
1. I kept saying it is my work to
plant and water (I Corinthians 3:6).
B. There are many spiritual things that we often
do without taking proper notice of why.
2. I kept saying to myself that this is
what to expect out of the majority (Matthew 7:13-14).
3. Most importantly I realized that Jesus:
a. Died for all (Romans 5:6-9).
4. I asked “Why do I do this alone”, and then
I realized that my work should not wait on others nor be measured by others
b. He faced rejection:
i. Isaiah 53:3
c. Told us that as His disciples we would face
the same (John 15:18-20 and John 17:14).
ii. Mark 8:31
iii. Luke 17:25
d. Did not stop seeking to save the lost
1. In doing this we often fall into
routines instead of properly focused service to God (Matthew 22:36-38).
2. We often forget the importance of some
of the “little” things.
3. We fail to accomplish things because
without realizing the important reasons we do them, we find ourselves making
excuses for passing up those things (Exodus 3:11; 13, 4:1; 10 – CF. 3:11).
A. Worship is defined by Webster
as: “reverence [honor or respect] offered a divine being or supernatural
power.” – Maybe the question should be served as: “why do I show honor
and respect to God?”
II. Why Do I Put God First?
1. Because He created us (Genesis
B. I worship God scripturally for He has requested
it (John 4:24).
2. Because He provides for us physically
3. Because He showed respect [high or special
regard] for me when He sent His only begotten Son to die in my place (provided
spiritually for us):
a. I Thessalonians 5:9-10
b. Hebrews 9:27-28
1. For saints to assemble on the
first day of the week (Acts 20:7).
2. For saints to remember the death of our
Lord EVERY first day of the week (I Corinthians 11:23-26 and Acts 20:7).
3. I sing because I want to praise [glorify]
the Lord (Hebrews 2:12).
a. Singing is God’s choice (Ephesians
5:19 and Colossians 3:16).
4. I will pray for I need to communicate with
God frequently (I Thessalonians 5:17).
b. The pattern of singing was started by
our Lord (Matthew 26:30).
5. I will give financially because:
a. The Lord has chosen this means
for the work of the church to be financed (I Corinthians 16:1-3).
b. Christ gave first (II Corinthians 8:9).
c. Because the Lord loves a cheerful giver
(II Corinthians 9:7).
A. I put God first because:
III. Why Am I Going to Make Today a Day of
Salvation for Myself?
1. He first put me ahead of even
His own family (John 3:16).
B. I put God first because I CHOOSE TO:
a. Jesus knew what He was to face
and was willing to be obedient to the will of His [our] Father in Heaven
2. He asked me to (Matthew 10:37-39).
b. He made His son to suffer (I Peter 3:18).
c. Jesus was lied about, rejected by his
people, mocked, abused, tortured, and murdered for our sakes (Matthew 27:24-50),
and all along had the mindset of a savior (Luke 23:34).
1. God has given us the ability
to choose (Joshua 24:15).
2. God has not limited that choice to one
people, but all people (Titus 2:11).
3. With choices comes results (Matthew 25:46).
A. Because Jesus gave me the opportunity
B. Because Jesus gave me the invitation
1. Some have accepted (Acts 2:41).
2. Some have almost accepted – yet were
lost (Acts 26:24-29).
3. Some have outright rejected (Acts 17:2-5).
4. Of which are YE?
A. You have heard the statement
that “Jesus is the reason”. That is why!
by Brian A. Yeager may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes at no
cost to others.
B. Will you accept the invitation of the
Good Shepard (John 10:15-18)?
C. Follow the Lord’s five step plan to be
E-Mail Brian By Clicking