A. We want to walk in the way of the righteous, not sinners (Psalms 1:1-6).
- We are to avoid such sinful ways (Proverbs 4:10-18).
- Where is life found (Proverbs 12:26-28)?
- He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction (Proverbs 10:17).
- God has shown that He sets before man choices and consequences for those choices (Deuteronomy 30:15-20 and John 5:24-30).
II. Body: Jude 1:1-16 *Emphasis Of This Lesson is Verse 11.
A. The account of Cain and Abel (Genesis 4:1-16).
- Commentary # 1 (Hebrews 11:4).
- Commentary # 2 (I John 3:10-15).
- God doesn’t even want to hear from those whom are sinful (Proverbs 28:9, John 9:31, and I Peter 3:10-12).
- When Judah walked so far away from God, He didn’t even want Jeremiah to pray for them (Jeremiah 7:1-20).
- There has to be a repentance to open the door to God once one departs from Him (II Chronicles 7:14 and James 4:1-10).
- Our brethren are those doing the will of the Father (Mark 3:31-35).
- It is essential to love the brethren (I John 4:12 and I John 4:20-5:3).
- Think about how even our assembling together is about relations one with another (I Corinthians 14:12, I Thessalonians 5:11, and Hebrews 10:22-25).
- Think about this: Psalms 109:1-21
- The fact is, we don’t want to be among the Cain’s of this world (Psalms 37:12-15; 37:30-38).
III. Conclusion: “The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity” (Proverbs 10:29).
© 1999-2020 Brian A. Yeager