A. The Jews had long before been told that an everlasting Savior was coming (Isaiah 9:1-7).
- The foretold everlasting throne belonged to Jesus (Hebrews 1:1-9).
- It was to Christ that the throne of David was given (Luke 1:32-33).
- His time among men was short (John 7:33).
- Unfortunately, the light wasn’t welcomed (John 3:1-21).
II. Body: John 12:34-43
A. Jesus did plenty to prove who He was (Matthew 11:1-5, John 5:36, and Acts 2:22).
- The Scriptures confirmed Him (John 5:39; 5:46).
- Most just weren’t interested in the truth (Matthew 13:10-17).
- Confessing Jesus meant being cast out of their synagogues (John 9:22).
- One must confess Christ (Luke 12:8-9, I John 2:23, and II John 1:7).
- A faithful relationship with our Lord means we cannot have fear in what man might do to us (Hebrews 13:5-6).
- That love will hold us where we need to be (II Corinthians 5:14-15).
- That love moves us to do the things we need to do (Hebrews 6:9-12).
- Charity [love] is essential in all things (Galatians 5:6; 5:13 and Colossians 3:14).
- Other things” can too easily get in the way (Mark 4:19).
III. Conclusion: In our word and deed, let’s never fail to confess Christ in this dark world (II Timothy 2:1-12).
© 1999-2020 Brian A. Yeager