A. Jesus came into this world that the lost might be saved (John 3:17).
- He taught that the lost might be saved (John 5:34).
- The word is written that we might be saved (John 20:30-31).
- When properly received, the word of our Lord effectually works in those that believe (I Thessalonians 2:13).
- By such statements, we don’t want to limit that to just the words of the New Testament (II Timothy 3:14-17).
II. Body: John 6:1-71 (The Points Of *John 6:22-27; 6:48-71).
A. The word is spirit and life (Psalms 119:50, Psalms 119:93, Ephesians 6:17, and I Peter 1:23-25).
- The word of God is necessary to give life because sin brings forth spiritual death (Ephesians 2:1).
- The word is spirit in that the Holy Spirit was the revealer of those things which we now read (I Corinthians 2:1-13).
- Wisdom (Deuteronomy 4:5-6).
- Great peace (Psalms 119:165).
- Counsel (Psalms 119:24).
- Life (Deuteronomy 8:1-3).
- Joy and rejoicing (Jeremiah 15:16).
- Spiritual growth (I Peter 2:1-2).
- Could it be said that you love the truth, the word, the law of the Lord (Psalms 119:97 and Psalms 119:140)?
- Why does it matter (II Thessalonians 2:10)?
- You cannot love Jesus without loving the truth, the word of God, the Gospel; because He was/is the Word (John 1:1-5, John 1:14, and I John 5:7).
III. Conclusion: As Peter stated, and we should echo: “To whom shall we go?” There is but one record that we whom are save need (I John 5:11-13).
© 1999-2020 Brian A. Yeager