Outline By: Brian A. Yeager
A. Some people are spiritually asleep (I Thessalonians 5:6).
1. Part of the problem is that they do not examine themselves (I Corinthians 11:28-32).
2. The other problem is that they just do not take spiritual preparations seriously (Zephaniah 1:12).
B. Some people do not consider how things are between themselves and God (Hosea 7:1-2).
1. You or I can reach a point where we only focus on the sins of others (Romans 2:1-3).
2. Instead of always talking about some people, we have to focus that same examination process on ourselves (Romans 2:21-22)?
II. Body: There are some real things we need to keep at the forefront of our minds (Deuteronomy 32:29; cf. Proverbs 19:20).
A. Reality check – Some think that God doesnÕt know what theyÕre up to (Psalms 10:11 and Ezekiel 9:9).
1. Some deceive themselves and donÕt fear God (Psalms 36:1-3).
2. There have been times when evil abounded because of no fear of God (Romans 3:10-18).
3. God knows what weÕre up to (II Chronicles 16:7-9, Job 34:21-22, and Proverbs 5:21).
B. Reality check – Some ignore the reality of death (Luke 12:16-21).
1. Everyone dies (Psalms 89:48 and Hebrews 9:27).
2. DonÕt live this life as though itÕs all there is (Philippians 1:21-25, Philippians 3:20-21, and Hebrews 13:14).
3. You donÕt always have tomorrow (Proverbs 27:1 and James 4:13-15).
C. Reality check – Some think the Judgment Day will never come (II Peter 3:3-14).
1. Some will go as far as in challenging God (Isaiah 5:18-19 and Jeremiah 17:15).
2. Some get bolder because action is not immediate (Ecclesiastes 8:11).
3. Be sure of this, weÕll all face Judgment from the Lord (John 5:28-29, Romans 14:11-12, and II Corinthians 5:10).
III. Conclusion: Wake up if youÕre sleeping (Ephesians 5:14-17).
© 2013 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager