Our Responsibility Toward The Future
Outline By: Brian A. Yeager
A. We all understand that we labor for an eternal reward (Matthew 16:27 and Luke 6:22-23).
1. God is the reward giver (Hebrews 11:6).
2. There is nothing wrong with looking forward to the reward (Isaiah 3:10 and Matthew 19:27-29).
B. We cannot be selfish (Romans 15:2-3, I Corinthians 10:24, and Philippians 2:2-5).
1. We have to be concerned about future generations (Psalms 78:1-6).
2. We have to understand how important it is for there to be a sound congregation here in the future (Acts 20:7, Ephesians 4:16, I Thessalonians 1:7-8, etc.).
II. Body: The LordŐs Church Has Always Been Dependent On The Past To Have A Good Future (Ephesians 2:19-22).
A. We are the building (I Corinthians 3:8 and Hebrews 3:1-6).
1. You are the stones (I Peter 2:5).
2. When Israel had to rebuild spiritual walls, they had to work under attack (Nehemiah 4:7-18).
a. We can expect there to be adversity (Hebrews 13:3).
b. We can also expect adversaries (Luke 21:17).
c. We cannot allow these things to stand in our way (Romans 8:35-39 and II Timothy 1:12).
B. Look at the LordŐs church today and you can see all the marks of apostasy (Luke 8:13, Acts 20:28-31, Galatians 5:7-9, I Timothy 4:1, II Timothy 4:3-4, and II Peter 2:1-3).
1. Thus, we have to be on guard (Jude 3-4).
2. Yet, we must not just become robotic soldiers and get caught fighting the fight while falling out of love with our Lord (Revelation 2:1-5).
C. Being among the faithful few means we are part of the remnant (Romans 11:1-5).
1. We must therefore uphold the truth (I Timothy 3:15).
2. We have to prepare the next generation (Deuteronomy 4:9-10).
3. We have to see our responsibilities through until the end (Hebrews 6:11-12).
III. Conclusion: As being part of the remnant today, letŐs see to the task the remnant always has had to fulfill (Isaiah 37:31-32).
© 2013 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager