A. The world has long been evil (Galatians 1:3-4 and I John 5:19).
- As we look at the world now and the communication abilities, it is a scary thing (Genesis 11:1-9).
- Think about this modern world and how the challenges we have in our battle against darkness are increasingly challenging (Ephesians 6:10-12).
- How do we obey men without becoming man-pleasers (Galatians 1:10; cf. Acts 5:12-29)?
- How do we obey laws of men (I Peter 2:13-17) without compromising the truth (Proverbs 23:23)?
- How does a faithful Christian maintain a work place ethic without being worldly (Romans 12:2)?
II. Body: If We Just Live As God Says To Live (Titus 2:11-14).
A. Denying ungodliness and worldly lusts (Galatians 5:24).
- Deny, refuse, reject (Hebrews 11:24).
- Ungodliness, wickedness (Ephesians 4:22-24).
- Worldly [belonging to the world] lusts (Romans 6:12, Romans 13:13-14, Jude 1:17-18, and I John 2:15-17).
- Remember balance. Not all fleshly desires are to be rejected (Mark 6:31, I Timothy 4:4, Hebrews 13:4, etc.).
- Thinking about awareness (I Thessalonians 5:6).
- Preparing our minds (I Peter 1:13).
- Why does the mind matter (Matthew 15:18-20 and Colossians 1:21)?
- Think about what being righteous means (Luke 1:5-6 and Romans 1:16-17) and what it does not mean (Luke 18:9-14).
- What would happen if we found pleasure in unrighteousness (II Thessalonians 2:10-12)?
- When I think of godly or godliness… Psalms 4:3, Matthew 5:48, Ephesians 5:1, I Timothy 4:8, I Timothy 6:1-11, II Timothy 2:14-18, and II Peter 3:10-11
- Then I think of unfaithful times (Psalms 12:1-8).
III. Conclusion: II Corinthians 1:12
© 1999-2021 Brian A. Yeager