A. Very often people look for their own truth rather than THE truth (Romans 10:1-3).
- Our own way of righteousness is unprofitable (Isaiah 57:1-12).
- Trusting in the acceptable norm is not truth either (John 7:25-53).
- Conversion requires changing in thoughts and in deeds (Jeremiah 4:14 and Acts 26:18-20).
- A good man walks in the Lord’s ways (Psalms 37:23).
II. Body: Psalms 119:30
A. The choice of truth requires one identify what is truth (John 18:28-40).
- Truth is synonymous with the law of God (Psalms 119:142).
- Truth is synonymous with the commandments of the Lord (Psalms 119:151).
- Truth is synonymous with the Gospel (Colossians 1:5).
- Truth is synonymous with the word of God (I Thessalonians 2:13).
- Truth is synonymous with certainty (Proverbs 22:21), with assurance (Acts 2:36 and II Timothy 3:14); for we are expected to test all things before holding to them (I Thessalonians 5:21).
- Like it or not, there is a God that we’ll answer to (Romans 1:18-20).
- Like it or not, God’s truth isn’t going anywhere (Psalms 119:151-152 and I Peter 1:13-25).
- Disregarding the truth will not change it (Romans 3:1-4).
- Those whom have established human traditions in the name of God (Mark 7:1-13).
- Those whom have taken the Law of Moses and have ignorantly applied it as the law of today to create their own doctrines (Colossians 2:4-23; cf. Galatians 5:4).
- Those who have created methods of evangelism in addition to the Scriptural methods of teaching the word of God (Romans 1:14-17 and Titus 1:3) and living as godly examples (Matthew 5:14-16 and I Peter 3:1-4).
- Those who have created organizations, institutions not authorized by God (Revelation 22:18-19).
- God authorized the organization of the family; household (Genesis 2:18-25 and Colossians 3:18-4:1).
- God authorized the organization of civil government (Romans 13:1-7 and I Peter 2:13-17).
- God authorized the organization of the local congregation (Acts 14:23, Acts 14:27, Acts 15:1-41, Acts 16:5, and I Timothy 3:1-15).
III. Conclusion: Make the right choice and unwaveringly live that choice (Joshua 24:14-15 and II John 1:4).
A. Can you, just properly handling the word of God, prove all that you’re doing and/or not doing is approved in HIS sight rather than in the sight of you or any other human being (Ephesians 5:6-10)?
B. Let’s show God that we are not like the rest of humanity (Ecclesiastes 7:29; cf. Proverbs 19:21).
© 1999-2019 Brian A. Yeager