A. Obedience to the Lord comes from the heart (Romans 6:17).
- With purpose of the heart (Acts 11:23).
- Jesus taught this clearly (Luke 6:43-46).
- Turning back is a heart action (Proverbs 14:14).
- The sinful lusts of the heart bring disobedience (Romans 1:18-32).
II. Body: Our Lesson: Hebrews 3:1-4:13; cf. Numbers 13:1-14:38
A. Take heed, for the standard is set (Hebrews 1:8-2:4).
- Israel of the past perished, in part, for not taking heed unto the Lord (Hosea 4:1-10).
- We’d do well not to be overly confident, but to learn from them to take heed lest any of us fall (I Corinthians 10:1-12).
- You CANNOT get to heaven without faithful brethren as provoking and exhorting one another is part of your duties (Hebrews 10:22-25).
- You CANNOT get to heaven without faithful brethren for fellowship is required of us (Acts 2:42 and Hebrews 13:15-16 [communicate]).
- Though much more could be said and other points added here, the fact is, YOU NEED FAITHFUL BRETHREN (Ephesians 4:16).
- The place being prepared for us is not ours (John 14:1-3).
- Show Him that you are worthy to inherit a place in His house (Ephesians 5:1-5).
- Examine your heart by examining your actions (I John 3:14-21).
- Labor according to the Lord’s will for the reward (Hebrews 6:10-12).
- Don’t stop laboring as though you have arrived (Philippians 3:4-21).
III. Conclusion: If you’re not faithful, consider starting with your heart in getting your life in order (Psalms 95:6-11, Jeremiah 4:14, and James 4:6-10).
© 1999-2019 Brian A. Yeager