Another Sermon Outline By Brian A. Yeager
GodŐs Thoughts Towards His People
I. Introduction: We need to consider GodŐs thoughts (Psalms 139:17).
A. The Lord doesnŐt think in worldly ways (Luke 16:15).
1. Man often measures by the material things (Proverbs 19:4). God does not (Psalms 40:17).
2. God does not view things based upon popularity contests (I Peter 1:17).
3. God doesnŐt just walk according the to beat of His own drum, He is the proverbial drum and drummer in one (Proverbs 16:4, Ephesians 1:11, and Revelation 4:11).
B. It is wrong to speak where God has not spoken (Deuteronomy 18:20 and Mark 7:7-9). – Points discussed in recent sermons include: Deuteronomy 4:2, Deuteronomy 12:32, II Samuel 7:1-7, Proverbs 30:5-6, Galatians 1:6-12, etc.
1. False prophets often spoke of things God never said (Jeremiah 14:14).
2. People today like to imagine things and credit God for their vain thoughts too (Colossians 2:8).
II. Body: Jeremiah 29:8-14
A. We have to be on guard against those that want to Ňspeak for GodÓ (Jeremiah 27:14-15, Luke 21:8, and Ephesians 5:6).
1. Without explicit Scriptures (I Corinthians 2:9-16), we donŐt know the thoughts of God (Job 21:22, Psalms 40:5, Isaiah 40:13, and Romans 11:33-36).
2. Therefore, we should not trust (Jeremiah 7:3-8) in what mankind says about God unless we can read it for ourselves (Acts 17:10-11).
B. God has shown that He wants good for His people (Psalms 3:8, Lamentations 3:22-26, Luke 1:68, II Corinthians 1:3-5, and I Peter 3:8-12).
1. When apostasy occurs, God wants sought out (II Chronicles 7:14, Zechariah 1:3-6, and Revelation 3:14-22).
2. God doesnŐt want aimless seekers, for He wants to be found of those that seek Him (I Chronicles 28:9, Isaiah 45:18-22, Jeremiah 29:13, and James 4:8-10).
3. The Lord wants us to come to a good end (Jeremiah 33:1-8, I Timothy 2:1-5, and Ezekiel 33:11).
C. The LordŐs actions clearly reveal His thoughts toward us (Romans 5:8-10).
1. Consider why Jesus came into this world: Matthew 20:28, John 1:29, John 3:17, Acts 3:26, Ephesians 2:10-17, I Timothy 1:12-16, and Titus 2:11-14.
2. The evidence continues in that He hasnŐt wiped us out by now (Genesis 6:5-7 and II Peter 3:9; 15).
III. Conclusion: One thing is for sure, GodŐs thoughts are for our good (Psalms 86:15). That will not change (Psalms 33:11), unless we change it (Hebrews 3:12-14).
© 2010 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager