I. Introduction: The idea for the title of this lesson comes from the novels and movies about Frankenstein. Such was about an obsessed scientist that assembled a living creature from body parts of exhumed corpses.
A. The church is made up of living saints that represent different roles and parts of the local body of Christ (I Corinthians 12:12-27).
- At some point, a local congregation has to be started in a city. It is started as a beginning of the Lord’s work in a city (Acts 18:7-11). A congregation is NOT just a group of people to assemble with for worship (https://www.wordsoftruth.net/wotarticle_vol18_11262017.html; https://www.wordsoftruth.net/wotvol17/wotbulletin07162017.html; etc.).
- Members are members of one another (Romans 12:4-5).
- We are to be one body (Colossians 3:15).
- How could a member, without the Lord’s authority, remove parts (self or others) of the Lord’s body and think that is okay (I Corinthians 10:16-17 and I Corinthians 11:16-19)?
- Restoration is the only way to be alive again (Luke 15:11-32).
- Once a person is withdrawn from, put away, he or she is in Satan’s camp unless restored (I Corinthians 5:1-13 and II Corinthians 2:1-11).
- When a saint errs and is dead, he or she must come back to spiritual life (Ephesians 5:14).
- This was NEVER accomplished by starting a new congregation! What is an action that occurs without Scriptural authority to do such (Deuteronomy 4:2, Proverbs 30:5-6, Galatians 1:6-10, Ephesians 5:10, and Colossians 3:17)?
II. Body: Frankenchurches Are Born By Disciples Being Drawn Away (Acts 20:30).
A. They will go to great lengths to create their own disciples (Matthew 23:15).
- We have to expose them, for they “creep in” [they often steer clear of open, honest discussion; study] (II Timothy 3:1-9 and Jude 1:3-4).
- They convincingly entice, beguile (II Corinthians 11:1-15, Colossians 2:4-8, II Timothy 2:14-18, and II Peter 2:17-22).
- Their goal is to get their own followers (Acts 5:36-37 and Acts 21:38).
- Where is that idea in the Scriptures (Revelation 22:18-19)?
- The Lord adds (Acts 2:47) and removes (II John 1:9; cf. I John 1:3-7).
- Further ignorance comes from the idea of thinking “withdrawing” is only a matter of congregational action (I Timothy 6:3-5 and II Timothy 3:1-5).
- Did the Lord allow Korah [Core] to do that (Numbers 16:1-35)?
- Jeroboam the son of Nebat is the pattern that Frankenchurches are following (I Kings 12:25-33).
- How far can this go before they are lost without the opportunity for repentance (Revelation 2:20-24)?
- An existing body, with a name, doesn’t mean that is a living body even if it didn’t start out of division (Revelation 3:1).
- How could anyone, with any amount of biblical knowledge, conclude that something good could be born out of division amongst saints (Proverbs 6:12-19, Ezekiel 14:7-8, Mark 3:24-25, Luke 6:43-46, Romans 16:17-18, I Corinthians 1:10, I Corinthians 3:1-3, Galatians 5:19-21, and Titus 3:9-11)?
III. Conclusion: The right mindset is to fix the problems rather than go and start some dead body of sinners (Matthew 5:23-24, Acts 15:1-35, and Ephesians 4:1-6).
© 1999-2019 Brian A. Yeager