The body of Christ in El Paso Assembles at:
8625 Robert Drive
El Paso, TX 79904
Meeting Times of the Congregation
(Times may change if local brethren need such - I Corinthians 11:33)
Sunday Open Bible Discussion: 10:00 AM
Sunday Worship: 11:10 AM
Please email Brian Yeager (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call if you have questions (915-525-5794).
What to expect if visiting:
1. The one church/body of believers you read about in the New Testament (Matthew 16:13-18, Ephesians 1:22-23, Ephesians 4:4-6, Hebrews 3:1-6, and Hebrews 12:22-28).
2. People who are not moved by emotion, traditions, or popular “religious” practices. We are the people who only say and do what the Lord has clearly authorized in His inspired word (Leviticus 10:1-2, Deuteronomy 4:2, Deuteronomy 12:32, Deuteronomy 29:29, II Samuel 7:1-7, Job 32:8, Proverbs 14:12, Proverbs 16:25, Proverbs 20:25, Proverbs 21:2, Proverbs 30:5-6, Isaiah 8:20, Jeremiah 7:30-31, Matthew 4:4, Matthew 7:21-23, Matthew 12:46-50, Matthew 15:1-9, Matthew 17:5, Matthew 28:18-20, Luke 4:4, Luke 6:46, Luke 11:28, John 14:15, John 14:23-24, I Corinthians 4:6, Galatians 1:6-12, Ephesians 5:10, Colossians 3:17, I Thessalonians 5:21, II Timothy 1:13, James 1:21-25, James 2:10-12, I John 2:3-6, I John 5:2-3, II John 1:9, and Revelation 22:18-19).
3. Worship according only to what you read about in the New Testament (John 4:23-24; cf. Luke 6:46).
4. Preaching from the word of God (II Timothy 4:1-5) instead of the doctrines of men (Mark 7:7).
5. Christians who truly (I Peter 1:22) love one another (John 13:34-35) and our neighbors (Romans 13:8-10). Therefore, there will be much more concern about your salvation (Romans 1:16-17) than how you look (as long as you are modest) (John 7:24), how much you give (II Corinthians 9:7), how you feel about things (Proverbs 16:25), etc.
6. You will not see the churches of Christ that exist today that are part of a man-made "Restoration Movement". The body of Christ never fell away (Romans 11:1-5 and Hebrews 12:22-28) to need restoring. The "Restoration Movement" began of men, the church [the one body; Ephesians 1:22-23; 4:1-6] began with Christ (Matthew 16:18, Acts 20:28, and Ephesians 5:25). The saved have been added to the church since the first century (Acts 2:47). Thus, the human traditions practiced by many so-called "churches of Christ" are not practiced amongst the saints here (Colossians 2:4-23). If you are looking for those whom adhere to the doctrines of men, we are not those people (Matthew 15:1-14, I Corinthians 4:6, and Galatians 1:10).
7. We are a welcoming group of saints. However, we are not so welcoming if there would be those who would seek to bring in some other doctrine among us (Romans 16:17-18, Galatians 2:1-5, I Timothy 1:3-7, I Timothy 6:3-5, and Jude 1:3-4).
Would You Like…
1. More information? You should be searching for the Lord while He may be found (Isaiah 55:6).
2. Someone to study the Bible with you? We’ll study with you privately or you can come when the brethren assemble together (Acts 20:7; 20-21). It would be best not to wait for us to assemble though (James 4:6-16).
Do You Know If You’re Truly Saved?
1. A lot of people think they’re saved. Yet the Bible shows that few will be saved (Matthew 7:13-14). Additionally, the Bible also shows that many “religious people” are truly lost (Matthew 7:21-23).
2. Please, check these Scriptures and ask yourself if you have truly obeyed the Gospel of Jesus Christ: Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-16, Luke 13:3; 5, Luke 14:25-33, John 3:1-5, John 8:23-24, John 8:32, Acts 2:14-47, Acts 3:19, Acts 8:12-39, Acts 9:1-20, Acts 10:44-48, Acts 16:13-15, Acts 16:25-34, Acts 18:8, Acts 19:1-9, Romans 8:24, Romans 10:10, Romans 10:14-17, I Corinthians 15:1-2, Galatians 3:27, Colossians 1:23, Colossians 2:12, Hebrews 11:1; 6, James 1:21-25, James 2:10-26, I Peter 2:1-2, II Peter 3:10-14… There are more Scriptures you should read as well. Let’s meet together in person and study more of God’s word!
The church is not a building (Romans 12:4-5 and I Corinthians 12:27). We do currently meet in a building for Bible studies and worship. The map below should help you find us.