But The Flesh Is Weak
Outline By: Brian A. Yeager
A. Temptation is real and can cause you to fall away (Luke 8:13).
1. Temptation can be met and defeated (Hebrews 4:14-16).
2. Temptation can only bring about sin if we let it (James 1:13-16).
B. We cannot deny that sin is pleasurable (Hebrews 11:23-26).
1. Yet, there is no temptation that is so great that it cannot be overcome with what God has supplied us with (I Corinthians 10:13).
a. God created us with a conscience that we need to keep pure and good (II Timothy 1:3 and I Peter 3:16).
b. You have His word (Acts 20:32).
c. You have each other (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12).
2. What is pleasurable to the flesh is NOT always good for us in the flesh or spirit (Proverbs 21:17 and I Timothy 5:6).
II. Body: Jesus tells us why we should not enter into temptation (Mark 14:38)!
A. DonŐt think you cannot fail (I Corinthians 10:1-12).
1. That haughty spirit leads somewhere (Proverbs 16:18 and Proverbs 18:12).
2. Never say never (Matthew 26:26-35; 69-75).
B. Be smart enough to steer clear (I Thessalonians 5:22).
1. DonŐt keep the wrong company (Proverbs 4:14-16 and I Corinthians 15:33).
2. DonŐt be in the wrong places at any time even if you think you are that Ňstrong manÓ (Proverbs 7:6-27).
C. There is a battle between the spiritual and carnal man in all of us (Romans 7:21–25 and Galatians 5:16-17).
1. Fleshly lusts war against the soul (I Peter 2:11).
2. The carnal mind will prevent obedience (Romans 8:4-8).
III. Conclusion: The Scriptures teach us not to fulfill lusts of the flesh (Romans 13:13-14).
© 2013 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager