You’ve Got To Put It Behind You
By Brian A. Yeager
A. It is common for Christians to have sinful pasts (Titus 3:3).
1. Guilt is heavy burden (Psalms 40:12).
2. Yet, we have to be mindful that your terrible past had a solution (Colossians 1:21-22).
B. In Christ, that past is washed away (Revelation 1:5; cf. Acts 22:16).
1. Meaning you are no longer that sinful person (I Corinthians 6:9-11).
2. God has forgotten that sinful past (Hebrews 10:10-18).
II. Body: Learn To Put Some Things Behind You And Press On (Philippians 3:13-14).
A. If you have properly dealt with your sins, there is nothing more for you to do (Ezekiel 33:14-16 and Acts 26:20).
1. It’s now about “go, and sin no more” (John 8:1-11).
2. If you err again… I John 1:5-2:1 and Revelation 2:5
B. Sometimes there are wrongs you cannot right (i.e. Acts 22:1-5).
1. Like Paul did, you can still show you’ve changed (Acts 9:26-31).
2. Sometimes you cannot restore things, you can just stop doing the wrong deed (Ephesians 4:28).
C. Faithful Christians should feel blessed by God’s grace, not guilty from sin (Romans 4:7-8).
1. GOD SAYS: “old things are passed away...” (II Corinthians 5:17).
2. Now being dead to sin, live as one brought home… (I Peter 2:24-25).
III. Conclusion: “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit” (Romans 8:1).
© 2018 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager