Sermon Outline By Brian A. Yeager
Worship God Like There Is None Else
A. Have you ever watched some people approach high profile athletes, movie/music stars, or even leaders? Who should we stand in awe of (Psalms 33:8)?
1. Weigh thisÉ While there are some on earth we can honor (Mark 7:10 and I Peter 2:13-17), would you do so more to them than to God (Psalms 108:5 and Revelation 19:1)?
2. Think of how happy some would be to meet some special person. How happy are when we meet with our Lord (Psalms 100:1-5 and Philippians 3:3)?
B. Keep in mind, we do not just worship God on the first day of the week in this building (John 4:20-24).
1. Wherever we pray, we are worshipping God (I Timothy 2:8).
2. Wherever we sing, we are worshipping God (Psalms 108:3).
3. Wherever we are, we are serving (not worshipping) God (Romans 12:1-2) and are expected to do so correctly (Ephesians 4:1).
II. Body: Deuteronomy 4:39, Isaiah 45:18, and Isaiah 45:21-22.
A. Consider who we are coming before when we worship (Psalms 95:1-6).
1. When we worship God, we are worshipping our Creator (Psalms 148:5, Nehemiah 9:6, and Revelation 14:6-7).
2. We are worshipping our all-knowing God (Proverbs 15:3, Jeremiah 23:24, and I John 3:20).
3. Consider that, He is the Almighty (Genesis 17:1 and Job 33:4)!
B. God is to be revered (Psalms 89:7 and Hebrews 12:28-29).
1. Fear must be part of our reverence toward God (Psalms 5:7, Psalms 96:9, Jeremiah 10:6-7, and Revelation 15:4).
2. We must be humble (I Peter 5:5-6) in realizing our God is higher than we are (Psalms 47:2, Isaiah 40:28, and Romans 11:33-36).
C. DonŐt you want to be SURE your worship is acceptable to God (Leviticus 10:1-2 and Matthew 15:7-9)?
1. We want to be sure God is accepting our worship (Proverbs 28:9 and John 9:31).
2. The only way to be confidant that our worship is right is if it is according to GodŐs will (I John 5:14-15).
III. Conclusion: Psalms 111:1-10 and Isaiah 40:18-26
© 2011 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager