When We Are For Peace, But They Are For War
Outline By: Brian A. Yeager (http://www.wordsoftruth.net)
A. The life of a Christian is not smooth and easy (Luke 6:20-23).
1. ThatĠs right, godly living does not always bring peace into our lives (II Timothy 3:10-12 and I Peter 4:12-16).
2. Sometimes, we will even face difficulties at the hands of people that think theyĠre doing right (John 16:1-3).
3. Teaching and standing for the truth creates enemies (II Chronicles 24:20-21 and Galatians 4:16).
B. We live in a world that is less than ideal for righteous people (I John 5:19).
1. WeĠre supposed to deny the things that surround us (Titus 2:12).
2. Most will not understand why we are the way we are (I Peter 4:1-5).
II. Body: Psalms 120:5-7
A. WeĠre supposed to be a people of peace (Romans 14:19, Hebrews 12:14, and I Peter 3:8-11)
1. Peace is not always possible (Romans 12:18).
2. That is certainly true in spiritual matters wherein we must not compromise or flee (Jude 3-4).
3. In carnal matters however, we have to do everything possible to avoid situations wherein peace is not possible (Matthew 10:23, Acts 9:24-25, and Acts 17:5-10).
B. Peace is not always possible because we dwell with people who are for war rather than for peace (John 15:19-21 and John 17:14).
1. WeĠre not like those that want carnal confrontation (II Corinthians 10:3-4).
2. Sometimes things get so bad in this world that you just want to escape completely (Jeremiah 9:2-3).
3. Yet, we cannot escape; for we have to continue being lights in the midst of this dark world (Philippians 2:14-16).
C. We cannot allow ourselves to fall prey to the mindset of strife (Romans 13:13-14 and Philippians 2:1-4).
1. Just because those around us are not for peace, we cannot become like them (Romans 12:1-2 and Romans 12:14-17).
2. Be wise, understand that some people try to draw us in (Proverbs 16:29).
3. We cannot allow sinful pride to get us drawn in (Proverbs 29:22).
III. Conclusion: When theyĠre for war, weĠre still expected to promote peace (Matthew 5:9 and James 3:18).
İ 2011 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager