Words Of Truth
"That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth..." (Proverbs 22:21).
When Following God’s Design, Everything Works Perfectly
Outline by Brian A. Yeager
A. Look up at the sky sometime soon (Psalms 19:1-6).
1. Consider it (Psalms 8:3).
2. There is marvelous design and wondrous things to see (i.e. Job 26:7).
3. All the things you look up to see work in perfect harmony (Psalms 104:1-24) and are rightly productive (Acts 14:17).
4. How was everything, that works perfectly together, made (Psalms 33:6-9)?
B. Now look around and see what God has given to men (Psalms 115:16).
1. This world doesn’t work perfectly (I John 5:19).
2. The things that man has authority over, to any degree, are most often very messed up (i.e. Acts 14:23 [Revelation 2:1-3:22], Ephesians 5:23 [John 4:17-18], I Peter 2:13-16 [Matthew 27:1-28:15], etc.).
II. Body: His Way, His Work, His Word Is Perfect (Deuteronomy 32:4, Psalms 19:7-8, and Hosea 14:9).
A. If we all individually and collectively just follow God’s way, we will work as perfectly as the universe above and around us (Colossians 1:25-28, II Timothy 3:15-17, and James 1:25).
1. Following God’s way means setting aside “my way” (Isaiah 55:6-9).
2. Following God’s way means choosing His way (Psalms 119:30).
3. Following God’s way requires ACTION (Luke 6:46-49).
4. Such must SHOW in ALL AREAS of our lives (Titus 2:7-8).
B. God’s design for the family (Colossians 3:18-21).
1. The man should lead in a proper way (Genesis 18:18-19).
2. The wife should follow and guide (Titus 2:3-6; cf. I Timothy 5:14).
3. The children should be obedient (Ephesians 6:1-4).
C. The Lord designed the church to be HIS HOUSE (Hebrews 3:1-6).
1. In subjection to the founder (Ephesians 5:23-24).
2. To exist and work faithfully without flaws (Ephesians 5:25-27).
3. Doing the works HE assigned to us collectively (I Timothy 3:15)…
a. I Thessalonians 1:7-8; cf. I Corinthians 9:6-14 and I Timothy 5:17-18
b. I Corinthians 16:1-4 and II Corinthians 8:4
c. Ephesians 4:16 and I Thessalonians 5:11-14
D. Your salvation will be secure (II Peter 1:3-11).
1. Walking always in all things pleasing to the Lord (Colossians 1:10) leads to...
2. … Surely being forever with the Lord (I Thessalonians 4:13-17) as the design was intended for the faithful (I Thessalonians 5:9).
III. Conclusion: God designed us to be in His image (Genesis 1:27). Jesus designed us to do good works (Ephesians 2:10). Do what you were designed to do (Ephesians 4:24)!
Class and Sermon Outline Index
© 2016 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager