They Didn’t Understand The Value Of A Soul
Outline By: Brian A. Yeager
A. God created man with a soul/spirit (Genesis 2:7).
1. When you die in the flesh, your spirit continues to live (Ecclesiastes 3:20-21).
2. Your soul will live forever in one of two places (Matthew 25:46).
B. Sin causes man to be dead spiritually (Romans 6:23) with eternal consequences (II Thessalonians 1:7-9 and Revelation 21:8).
1. You or I cannot do enough good things to make God forget about our sins (Ephesians 2:8-9).
a. That does not mean we are not expected to do good works (Titus 3:8).
b. Nor does that mean that grace alone saves us (Romans 6:1-2).
2. Thankfully, Jesus came into this world for a reason (John 3:17 and Romans 3:24-26).
II. Body: Luke 7:36-39, Luke 15:1-2, and Acts 11:1-3.
A. “I have somewhat to say unto thee…” (Luke 7:40-50).
1. He came to save even the chief among sinners (Luke 19:1-10 and I Timothy 1:12-15).
2. Redemption comes through Jesus’ blood (Ephesians 1:7).
B. “And he spake this parable unto them…” (Luke 15:3-32).
1. Not to let one perish (Matthew 18:1-14).
2. Understanding what it means to bring a lost brother or sister back to Christ (James 5:19-20).
C. “But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning…” (Acts 11:4-18).
1. Without Jesus we’d [non-Jews] be hopeless (Ephesians 2:11-13; cf. I Timothy 1:1).
2. Through Christ, all of humanity has the opportunity to be saved (Titus 2:11-14).
III. Conclusion: Whether it is you, I, or someone else; God wants every ONE of us to be saved (Ezekiel 18:32 and I Timothy 2:1-4).
© 2013 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager