Words Of Truth
"That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth..." (Proverbs 22:21).
The Sinfulness Of The LGBT Movement
Outline by Brian A. Yeager
I. Introduction: LGBT – Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender
A. There are no greater or lesser sins (James 2:10 and I John 5:17).
1. This is shown in how that all liars and murders have the same judgment (Revelation 21:8).
2. This is highlighted in the contrasting of the works of the flesh and true spiritual fruit (Galatians 5:16-26).
B. There are several things I hope this lesson helps us with...
1. Help us help others to prevent sin (Colossians 4:6).
2. Being capable of exposing false statements of peace that are spread in the name of the Lord that give false hope (Jeremiah 6:13-15).
3. If sin cannot be prevented, then the goal changes to help repentance come about (II Timothy 2:24-26).
4. Homosexuality and other sexual sins are things that can be repented of and made right (I Corinthians 6:9-11).
II. Body: Unlawful Sexual Intercourse Is To Be Avoided (I Corinthians 6:18).
A. One man, one woman, for life, with ONLY one exception (Matthew 19:3-12 and I Corinthians 7:1-2).
1. Homosexuality [however you choose to rephrase] has always been sinful in the sight of God (Genesis 19:1-13[cf. Jude 1:7], Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13, and Romans 1:18-32).
a. We are not under the Law of Moses today, thus the references to the death penalty, etc. are not commands for us to obey (Romans 7:1-6).
b. Having said that, those Old Testament references are there for our learning and show God’s consistency on this matter (Romans 15:4 and I Corinthians 10:1-12).
2. Fleshly changes [i.e. sex changes] do not change your identity with God. You were male or female BEFORE birth (Job 3:1-3).
a. Our [human] pleasure is not what matters (Revelation 4:11).
b. You can see that God expects men and woman to act and dress according to their separate roles in life (Deuteronomy 22:5, I Corinthians 11:14-15, and Ephesians 5:21-33).
c. God has not given any man or woman His authority to change his/her natural conceived sexual orientation and that alone makes it wrong (Luke 6:46 and Colossians 3:17).
B. The world is not the standard of right or wrong (Romans 12:1-2).
1. God’s word is the standard we are to live by (Luke 4:4 and II Timothy 3:15-17).
2. The world has long been wicked (Galatians 1:3-4 and I John 5:19).
a. Our society (government included) supports almost all sinful behaviors.
b. It is our task to live peaceably amongst this (Romans 12:18) without compromising the truth (Ephesians 5:6-11).
3. Thus, our task is to follow a different course than what people of the world are on (Proverbs 4:14-16).
C. The Judgment of God is stated in His word (John 12:48).
1. The price for ANY and ALL sin is clearly stated (Romans 6:23 and II Thessalonians 1:7-9).
2. The will of Christ is unchanging, even beyond the existence of this world (I Peter 1:23-25).
III. Conclusion: Romans 12:9; cf. II Peter 2:6-9
Class and Sermon Outline Index
© 2016 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager