The Pope Is Coming To Town
Outline By: Brian A. Yeager
A. Whole local websites with countdowns (http://www.kvia.com/pope), tickets for the Pope broadcast at UTEP Sun Bowl Stadium (http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/Tickets-for-Papal-Mass-viewing-at-Sun-Bowl-now-available-251204.shtml#.VqVoO8ftHdk), etc.
1. The February 2016 event is being called “Two Nations, One Faith" (http://www.twonationsonefaith.com).
2. Schools, government offices, etc. are closing for Pope’s arrival (http://www.elpasotimes.com/story/news/local/juarez/pope/2016/01/19/episd-yisd-close-popes-visit/79032478/ -http://www.elpasotimes.com/story/news/local/juarez/pope/2016/01/21/epcc-close-popes-visit-feb-17/79147018/).
3. Roads, bus routes, city hall, international bridges, etc. are closing for this man (http://www.kvia.com/news/city-to-close-offices-when-pope-visits-juarez/37650232).
B. Consider how a real godly man would react to such things (Acts 10:25-26 and Acts 14:6-18).
1. Think of some principles related to a man seeking and receiving such glory (Matthew 6:1-8, Luke 14:7-11, Matthew 20:27, Romans 16:27, and I Thessalonians 2:1-6).
2. Should men, even godly men (which the Pope is NOT), be so highly regarded (Matthew 23:1-12)?
II. Body: Unto us there is ONE Father (I Corinthians 8:6).
A. The Pope doesn’t have authority to speak for Christ (I Corinthians 3:11 and Hebrews 3:1-6).
1. Only the Apostles were granted such authority (John 14:22-26, Acts 2:42, I Corinthians 14:37, and II Corinthians 5:20).
2. To be an Apostle you had to be an eyewitness of the resurrected Christ (Acts 1:14-26).
3. The last Apostle appointed, the last to see Christ after the resurrection, was Paul (I Corinthians 15:1-8).
4. Ultimately, it all comes back to the only Father (John 12:48-50).
B. The Catholic father is “A” son of perdition (II Thessalonians 2:3-4).
1. The Pope accepts worship (Exodus 34:14, Matthew 4:10, and Revelation 22:8-9).
2. He assumes all authority (Catechism of the Catholic Church, # 937), which means what (Matthew 28:18-20 and Colossians 1:12-22)?
C. The Catholic father is a promoter of another church, but the word of God says there is only one (Ephesians 4:4-6; cf. Ephesians 1:22-23).
1. Matthew 16:13-18 and Ephesians 5:25; cf. Romans 16:16
2. Jesus is the head (Ephesians 5:23).
D. The Pope and his Catholic church represent and teach many errors that any honest Bible student could easily see (Colossians 2:6-8; Colossians 2:16-23).
1. Doctrines of abstaining from meats, no marriage for their “priests” and “nuns”, etc. (I Timothy 4:1-5).
2. Cutting and adding to the Scriptures, using many other standards, and constantly changing what they call “truth” (Proverbs 30:5-6, Matthew 15:1-9, Galatians 1:8-10, and Revelation 22:18-19).
3. They pray to marry, “saints” (which they err in for every Christian is a saint; I Corinthians 1:2), etc. (Ephesians 5:20).
4. Exalting Mary (Mark 3:31-35).
5. Infant baptism (Acts 2:37-41 and Acts 18:8)???
a. Are babies sinners (Ezekiel 18:4, Ecclesiastes 7:29, Matthew 18:3, and James 4:17)?
b. How can a baby hear believe, understand, repent of sin, confess Christ, etc. (Acts 3:19, Acts 8:25-39, etc.)
6. The Pope has his believers think they cannot read and understand Scriptures (Ephesians 3:4).
7. Question – We could go on and on, what more needs said (James 2:10)?
III. Conclusion: I Chronicles 29:11
© 2016 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager