Words Of Truth
"That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth..." (Proverbs 22:21).
The Feast Of Wisdom
Outline by Brian A. Yeager
A. Carnally minded people do not see the value of wisdom (I Corinthians 2:14).
1. The wisdom of the world is foolishness (I Corinthians 3:18-19).
2. Hence, fools don’t want to hear it (Proverbs 23:9).
B. On the other hand, we are commanded to be wise (Ephesians 5:15-17).
1. To speak wisdom (Psalms 37:30-31).
2. Invest in wisdom (Proverbs 23:23) and live wisdom (Psalms 101:1-8 [*obviously, we are not in power to do all that Psalm states, but should apply the principles] and Colossians 4:5).
II. Body: The Table Is Set (Proverbs 9:1-6).
A. True learning, true wisdom and knowledge, is a satisfying feast waiting to be eaten (Isaiah 55:1-3).
1. We have to be hungry and thirsty enough to feast upon the wisdom that comes from God (Matthew 5:6 and Revelation 22:17).
2. Think of the imagery in all of this and the application it has to Jesus (John 4:5-14, John 6:1-63, and Colossians 2:1-3).
B. Put in the work to get wisdom (Proverbs 4:5-7).
1. You have to seek out wisdom (Proverbs 2:1-10).
a. You have to know where to find it (II Timothy 3:15-17).
b. You have to know where not to look also (I Corinthians 1:20).
b. The search requires proper technique (II Timothy 2:14-18).
2. You have to find wisdom (Proverbs 3:13-18).
3. You then have to apply wisdom (Proverbs 28:26).
C. The wisdom that is from above (James 3:13-18).
1. Consider the value of the wisdom from above (Proverbs 8:12-36).
2. Allow that wisdom to dwell in you (Colossians 3:16).
III. Conclusion: Eat up and gain the benefits of wisdom (Ecclesiastes 7:11-12).
Class and Sermon Outline Index
© 2016 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager