The Cost For Rejecting GodŐs Revealed Word
Outline By: Brian A. Yeager
A. The Scriptures are the word of God (II Samuel 23:2, Jeremiah 1:9, Jeremiah 30:1-2, John 16:13, I Corinthians 2:9-13, I Thessalonians 2:13, and II Timothy 3:16-17).
1. Consider how much the Bible revealed thousands of years before man knew about these things (Job 26:7, Job 38:16, Psalms 8:8 [not discovered until 1900Ős by man], Isaiah 40:22, etc.).
2. Doctors used to Ňbleed peopleÓ [bloodletting] without understanding that life is in the blood (Leviticus 17:11-14).
3. It was not uncommon for Europeans to throw their trash and human wastes out of the window, which would decompose in the street (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_waste_management). Our Creator informed us of such dangers thousands of years before we realized it (Exodus 29:14 and Deuteronomy 23:12-14).
4. Only the Creator can know things BEFORE the created (cf. Isaiah 45:12)
B. Why is it that people will believe in the Roman Empire, Civil War, Revolutionary War, that Africa is real, etc. without seeing it? Yet, they reject GodŐs word (Jeremiah 8:9)?
1. We have eyewitnesses that testified of Biblical events (Acts 3:15, Acts 10:39-43, I Corinthians 15:3-8, and Hebrews 2:1-4).
2. We even have fulfilled prophecies that account for GodŐs word being accurate:
a. God foretold of the fall of Babylon long before it occurred (Isaiah 13:1-14:23).
b. God foretold of the civil wars that would cause Egypt to fall (Isaiah 19:1-4).
c. God foretold of the virgin birth of Christ (Isaiah 7:14; cf. Matthew 1:18-25).
d. God foretold the death and resurrection of Christ (Matthew 20:19), which was later accounted of by eyewitnesses (Acts 2:14-36).
e. God foretold of the destruction of Jerusalem at least 35 years before it occurred (Matthew 23:37-24:34).
II. Body: When you reject God, by rejecting His word, there are consequences (John 12:48)!
A. Without faith you cannot please God (Hebrews 11:6).
1. You cannot have faith in God without His word (Romans 10:17).
2. Additionally, hearing it is not enough either (Luke 11:28 and James 1:18-25).
B. Consider what happens when one rejects GodŐs word:
1. You will answer for it (Deuteronomy 18:19).
2. Perish (Deuteronomy 30:16-18).
3. Rejection (I Samuel 15:22-23).
4. Wrath (Zechariah 7:8-14).
5. Damnation (Mark 16:15-16).
6. Vengeance (II Thessalonians 1:7-9).
7. The end is fearful (Hebrews 10:26-31).
C. If youŐve rejected GodŐs word to this point, be thankful for today is an opportunity to change that (II Peter 3:15; cf. Romans 2:4).
1. Repentance will turn away the bad that comes with rejecting GodŐs word (II Chronicles 30:8 and Matthew 21:28-32).
2. Yet, some will continue to try to deny GodŐs word while still thinking God will be okay with that so that they can pick and choose what THEY think is right (Romans 10:1-3).
3. You cannot be saved apart from GodŐs word (Psalms 19:7 and Romans 1:16).
III. Conclusion: Those who reject the word of God cannot escape the consequences (Hebrews 12:25).
© 2012 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager