Words Of Truth
"That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth..." (Proverbs 22:21).
Some Things About God People Want To Ignore
Outline by Brian A. Yeager
A. Consider David’s words to Solomon… I Chronicles 28:9
1. We have the means to know the mind of the Lord (I Corinthians 2:9-16).
2. There will be consequences for not knowing Him (II Thessalonians 1:8-9).
B. Some things about God are not “fun” to know about nor meant to be (Psalms 89:7).
1. Yet, all must be preached (Acts 20:26-27).
2. As this lesson will soon become unbalanced, don’t forget that God is balanced (Ezekiel 33:10-20).
II. Body: People Think They Know The Lord, But Often Do Not (John 8:54-55).
A. Everyone seems to know that God is love (I John 4:10), but what about the hate of God (Psalms 5:4-5 and Hebrews 1:8-9)?
1. God is not one-sided (Romans 11:22).
2. There is a side of Him to be feared (Hebrews 12:28-29).
B. People know that God wants everyone to be saved (I Timothy 2:4), but what about the fact that He has limits (II Thessalonians 2:12)?
1. He is a rewarder, but with balance (John 5:28-29).
a. There is Heaven (I Peter 1:3-4).
b. There is also Hell (Mark 9:42-48).
2. You cannot think of a place in Heaven (John 14:1-3) and ignore the lake of fire which is the alternative (Revelation 21:8).
3. God created this world, allows it to continue, and full well knows most people who have lived will be in Hell (Matthew 7:13-14).
C. How about some of these “shocking facts” about God...
1. God is cruel (Isaiah 13:9).
2. God is jealous (Deuteronomy 4:24).
3. God is angry (Psalms 7:11).
4. God is patiently vengeful (Nahum 1:2).
5. God mocks certain people “in times of spiritual need” (Proverbs 1:24-33).
6. God doesn’t listen to all who call on Him (I Peter 3:12).
7. God’s power in His anger is unknown (Psalms 90:11).
8. God sent an innocent man, His only begotten Son, to be a human sacrifice (Hebrews 7:22-28 and Hebrews 10:1-10). *It is interesting how people do not think of that side of the death of Jesus.
9. As God loves righteousness, He HATES wicked people (Psalms 11:5-7).
10. Here is one more little bit of food for thought… People get very excited over the death penalty, torture, violence against others, etc. What would they think of God, even Jesus, if they really knew Him (Exodus 32:27-29, Numbers 16:1-50, Numbers 21:4-9, Deuteronomy 20:16-17, Isaiah 37:33-36, Matthew 25:31-46, John 2:13-17, Acts 5:1-10, etc.)?
III. Conclusion: Like God or Not, He’s Not Going To Change Who He Is For You Or Anyone Else (Malachi 3:6 and Hebrews 13:8)!
Class and Sermon Outline Index
© 2017 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager