Another Sermon Outline By Brian A. Yeager
A. We are going to talk about building wisely (Proverbs 24:3).
1. If youÕre building your own foundation, youÕre in trouble (Psalms 127:1).
2. If you want the Lord as your foundation, you have to follow His building plans (II Timothy 1:13).
B. To be wise, sometimes we have to become fools (I Corinthians 3:17-19).
1. Sometimes we trust ourselves too much (Proverbs 28:26).
2. We need to understand our place so that we donÕt choose the sand over the rock (Proverbs 20:24 and Jeremiah 10:23).
3. We have to remember who the real builder is (Isaiah 64:8)!
II. Body: Matthew 7:24-27
A. We need to be those that hear and do (Psalms 19:9-11, John 9:4, John 14:21, Luke 11:28, Romans 2:13, James 1:21-25, I John 2:17, Revelation 1:3, and Revelation 22:14).
1. Those that hear and do are wise (Deuteronomy 4:5-6, Psalms 19:7, Proverbs 28:7, and II Timothy 3:15).
2. Those that hear and do are grounded / secure / a good foundation (Luke 8:15, John 8:31-36, I Timothy 4:16, I Timothy 6:17-19, and II Timothy 2:19).
3. Those that hear and do are prepared against the storms for we know who to trust as our foundation (Deuteronomy 11:27-28, Psalms 18:30, Isaiah 25:1-4, and Ephesians 4:13-14).
4. Those that hear and do are founded upon rock of whom is Christ (I Corinthians 3:9-11, Ephesians 2:19-21, and I Peter 2:4-6; cf. I Corinthians 10:1-4).
B. Those that hear and doeth not (Ezekiel 33:30-33, Zechariah 1:1-6, Luke 7:24-30, and John 14:24).
1. Foolish people hear and do not (Galatians 3:1-3, Proverbs 1:7, and Proverbs 23:9).
2. DonÕt build upon the grounds of uncertainty (Ezekiel 13:10-16 and James 1:8; 4:8).
3. Those fools that hear and do not will fall (Proverbs 10:8; cf. James 4:17 and Romans 6:23).
4. Those that hear and do not will fail in times of storm (Proverbs 10:25 cf. Matthew 14:25-31).
III. Conclusion: What / who have you built upon (Luke 6:46-49)?
© 2009 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager