|Another Sermon Outline By Brian A. Yeager
have to be able to see some progress / effort in those we’re teaching
2. God is also the example of realizing when to give up on some (II
Peter 3:9-10 and II Thessalonians 2:10-12).
For some it is difficult to look at someone or call someone a dog or a
pig, but our Lord did not struggle with it (Mark 7:24-30).
(Matthew 16:21-23, Matthew 22:18, and John 8:39-44).
2. Simply put, we have to be willing to call names (Matthew 12:22-
(Psalms 119:140 and I Peter 1:23-25).
2. The value of the word of God (Psalms 19:7-10, Psalms 119:72;
127, and Acts 20:32).
3. The value of the time it takes to correctly teach it (I Timothy 4:13,
II Timothy 2:14-15, and Acts 20:17-21; 26-27).
4. The word of God is in our hands (II Corinthians 4:5-7, Romans
10:14-17, and Colossians 1:26-28; cf. I Timothy 3:15).
(Matthew 10:12-14 and Acts 18:5-8).
2. Even some “brethren” have a point of no more effort (Romans
16:17-18, I Timothy 6:20, and Titus 3:9-10).
(Deuteronomy 23:18, I Samuel 24:14, Proverbs 26:11, Isaiah 56:10-
11, Philippians 3:2, and Revelation 22:14-15).
2. Consider the thoughts behind someone being related to swine
(Deuteronomy 14:8, Proverbs 11:22, and II Peter 2:22).
trampled and those teaching will be turned against (II Chronicles 36:14-
2. Even if hated, we cannot back off from our proper stand (I
Corinthians 16:13 and Titus 2:1; 15).
(Romans 1:24) on because of willful ignorance (Ephesians 5:14-17).
B. Let’s also be sure not to be the ones who turn and rend those trying
to help save us (Galatians 4:16).
© 2008 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool
for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my
work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager
|The Sermon On The Mount (Part 18)