|Another Sermon Outline By Brian A. Yeager
I. Introduction: How important is prayer (I Thessalonians 5:17-18)?
Proverbs 28:9Isaiah 59:1-4, and I Peter 3:12).
B. Prayer’s cannot be just “thrown up”, but taught how to be offered
(Luke 11:1 and James 4:3).
faith in Him matters in prayer (James 1:6-8).
2. Sometimes we listen to others, but they are not right (Isaiah 9:
16; cf. Proverbs 19:27).
3. We must always be mindful that God also operates differently
now that the Spirit is not given through the laying on of Apostle’s
hands (Acts 8:12-18).
II. Body: Matthew 6:9-15
repeat His example (Matthew 6:7).
1:3), through Christ (Ephesians 5:20 and I Timothy 2:5).
• “Hallowed [to make holy; consecrate] be thy name” (Psalms
message (Matthew 3:2; 4:17; 23).
12:28, and Revelation 1:9).
• “Thy will be done” shows the aspect of humility (James 4:6)
in submitting to what God wants, rather than what we want done
• God’s will is significantly related to prayer (I John 5:14-15).
and Hebrews 6:7).
(Matthew 15:35-36 and Acts 27:33-35).
(Matthew 18:21-35, Matthew 5:7, Luke 6:36-37, and Luke 7:36-50).
Verse 13: The Holy Spirit did directly lead the paths of the faithful (Acts
16:6), so one could have prayer in the first century not to be lead into
• God does not lead us through the Spirit now (Romans 8:14;
cf. I Corinthians 13:8-10 and Acts 19:1-7).
• Now, God’s word fully equips us to do every good work, this
is a major point to consider in His providence (Luke 4:4, John 12:
48, II Timothy 3:16-17, and II Peter 1:3).
mindful of the need for others to be able to say “amen” in our public prayers
(I Corinthians 14:15-16).
© 2008 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool
for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my
work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager
|The Sermon On The Mount (Part 13)