Sermon Outline By Brian A. Yeager
Quitters Won’t Win
A. Some people are always looking for excuses to quit short of completing God’s will (Numbers 13:17-33).
1. The quitter mentality becomes contagious (Deuteronomy 1:22-28).
2. The mindset of a quitter is failure in itself (Luke 9:61-62).
B. Though we may find many quitters around us, we have to be the finishers (Joshua 14:6-11).
1. We cannot grow weary (Galatians 6:9).
2. We want to reach the end of our course as finishers (II Timothy 4:6-8).
II. Body: I Corinthians 9:24-26
A. Run, that ye may obtain an incorruptible crown (James 1:12 and I Peter 1:3-9).
1. Running to receive the crown requires a finish line mentality, even in the midst of horrible conditions (Hebrews 6:10-11 and Revelation 2:10).
2. Endurance is a measurement of strength (Proverbs 24:10).
3. Consider this… All those who stood up in the Old Testament did so with far less motivation than we have (Hebrews 11:1-40 – notice vs. 32-40 especially).
B. Run with confidence, not uncertainty (Hebrews 3:6; 14).
1. Our faith has to be firm (I Corinthians 15:58, Galatians 5:1, Colossians 1:23, and Hebrews 10:23).
2. Uncertainty means instability (James 1:8).
C. Fight for real, don’t just “shadow box” (Ephesians 6:10-17 and I Timothy 6:12).
1. Don’t get trapped in worthless struggles (II Timothy 2:14 and Titus 3:9).
2. On the other hand, don’t fear beating the air so much that you turn the fight into a carnal battle (II Corinthians 10:3-5 and II Timothy 2:2-5).
3. Keep a “heads up” mentality at all times (I Thessalonians 5:6, Titus 2:6, and I Peter 4:7).
III. Conclusion: Hebrews 12:1-3
© 2011 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager