Sermon Outline By Brian A. Yeager
Progressiveness Of Sin
A. James 1:13-16
1. It begins with one who does not frame their thoughts only based on GodŐs will (Isaiah 59:7 and II Corinthians 10:5).
2. Then, having oneŐs own will leads to lust (II Peter 2:10).
3. Lust leads to enticement [allure, entrap] (Proverbs 1:10).
4. Conception of lust brings forth sin (Micah 2:1-3).
5. Sin brings forth death (Psalms 7:13-16).
B. II Timothy 3:13
1. Wax worse and worse (Hosea 13:2).
2. Following self-deception (James 1:26).
II. Body: Sins that are not repented of often multiply (Isaiah 30:1).
A. A husband has hidden monies for things he wants to buy that the wife doesnŐt agree with [true story from GMA] (Romans 12:17).
1. Problem began with the relationship of the husband and wife (Ephesians 5:28-33).
2. Then, a manŐs desires got the best of him (Galatians 5:17 and Galatians 5:24).
3. Then, he lied (Proverbs 20:17).
4. At some point, heŐs exposed and rightfully more doubts will always be there (Proverbs 25:19).
5. Dishonesty is a seed planted that leads to more corrupt fruit (Luke 6:43-45).
B. Parents that leave bad examples that their children follow (Numbers 32:14 and Acts 7:51-52).
1. A child watches his or her parents act like hypocrites just like generations past did in Israel (Jeremiah 2:20-30).
2. The child then becomes a hypocrite (Matthew 23:29-33).
3. Often, the child becomes worse than the parent (Jeremiah 16:11-13).
4. Parents that let things go lead their children in the wrong direction (I Samuel 3:13-14 and Ephesians 6:4).
5. If your parents erred, donŐt follow their example (II Chronicles 30:7-8).
C. The local church does one unauthorized thing wrong, which just leads to another (Revelation 2:18-23).
1. The church in Thyatira allowed a false one among them (Matthew 7:15-20, Colossians 2:8, and II John 9-11).
2. They did nothing to stop her (Proverbs 18:5, Proverbs 28:4, Obadiah 1:10-11, and Jude 3-4).
3. She caused others to err (II Peter 2:1-3 and III John 9-11) and be lost (II Peter 2:17-22).
III. Conclusion: Joshua 7:1-26
© 2011 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager