Words Of Truth
"That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth..." (Proverbs 22:21).
Partakers Of The Inheritance
Outline by Brian A. Yeager
A. We have a heavenly calling to answer (Hebrews 3:1).
1. By heavenly, we are literally talking about something from Heaven (i.e. John 3:12).
2. By calling we are talking about an invitation (II Thessalonians 2:14).
B. God has given us a calling to obtain a crown (II Timothy 4:6-8).
1. Since that crown is for those that love the Lord at His appearing, we must focusing on properly loving our Lord (John 14:21-24).
2. The reason we await the righteous judge, our chief shepherd (Hebrews 13:20), is that He is the giver of this crown we desire (I Peter 5:4).
II. Body: Colossians 1:12-14
A. Think about what it means to be partakers of the inheritance (Hebrews 13:14-15).
1. First, we have to understand that partaking in the inheritance is not a given (Hebrews 3:14).
2. It means we have something to hope for (I John 3:1-3).
3. Just think about the word inheritance and the relationship that infers (Romans 8:17; cf. Galatians 3:26-29).
B. Be thankful to our Father for the opportunity to be a partaker in the inheritance (Colossians 3:15).
1. Our father had made us “meet [able] to be partakers” (Acts 20:32 and Titus 2:11-14).
2. Thus, do not forget that as saints in Christ, we have a lot to be thankful for (I Thessalonians 5:17-18).
C. Stop and consider deliverance, redemption, and the price paid for us to be partakers in the inheritance (cf. I Samuel 12:19-25).
1. Our sins separated us from God (Isaiah 59:1-3), but His offering of salvation gave us [faithful Christians] a way of deliverance (I Thessalonians 1:7-10).
2. We were lost and needed redeemed (Romans 3:24-25 and I Peter 1:18-20).
3. Think hard about the price (Matthew 20:28 and I Timothy 2:3-6).
III. Conclusion: Look forward to what we shall inherit (I Peter 1:1-9).
Class and Sermon Outline Index
© 2016 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager