1. What type of person faces destruction without any remedy?
“He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy” (Proverbs 29:1).
- II Chronicles 36:14-16, Proverbs 1:24-31, Proverbs 6:12-15, Proverbs 28:18, Jeremiah 19:15, Titus 3:9-11, and Revelation 2:20-23.
2. Is it better for the people when the righteous are in authority or when the wicked bear rule?
“When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn” (Proverbs 29:2).
- Proverbs 11:10, Proverbs 28:28, and Luke 18:2-5.
3. What type of child causes his or her father to rejoice?
The wise child: “Whoso loveth wisdom rejoiceth his father: but he that keepeth company with harlots spendeth his substance” (Proverbs 29:3).
- Proverbs 10:1, Proverbs 15:20, Proverbs 23:24-25, Proverbs 27:11, and Luke 1:13-17.
4. Does a king, that takes bribes, help the land he reigns over?
No: “The king by judgment establisheth the land: but he that receiveth gifts overthroweth it” (Proverbs 29:4).
- I Samuel 8:1-3, Proverbs 16:12, Jeremiah 22:13-17, and Amos 5:12.
5. Should you trust someone who uses flattery?
NO: “A man that flattereth his neighbour spreadeth a net for his feet” (Proverbs 29:5).
- Psalms 5:9, Psalms 12:1-2, Proverbs 20:19, Proverbs 26:28, Luke 20:20-21, and Romans 16:17-18.
- Godly people simply do not use flattery (I Thessalonians 2:4-5).
6. Are people trapped in/by their transgressions?
Yes: “In the transgression of an evil man there is a snare: but the righteous doth sing and rejoice” (Proverbs 29:6).
- Proverbs 5:22, Ecclesiastes 7:26, John 8:34, and II Peter 2:9.
- This is why people need set free (John 8:32) from the bounds of iniquity (Acts 8:18-23).
7. What type of person cares about those who are poor?
Righteous: “The righteous considereth the cause of the poor: but the wicked regardeth not to know it” (Proverbs 29:7).
- Psalms 41:1 and Galatians 2:9-10.
- Remember, there are those who are poor and there are those who are bums that we cannot help (II Thessalonians 3:10).
- Just giving to the poor isn’t right if all things involved are not right (cf. I Corinthians 13:3).
8. What type of a man will bring a city into a snare [trap]?
Scornful [Strong’s 33944; mockers, scoffers] men: “Scornful men bring a city into a snare: but wise men turn away wrath” (Proverbs 29:8).
- James 3:5-6.
9. Will there be any rest if you get into a controversy with a foolish man?
No: “If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest” (Proverbs 29:9).
- Proverbs 12:15-16, Proverbs 12:23, Proverbs 13:16, Proverbs 14:16, Proverbs 15:2, Proverbs 23:9, Ecclesiastes 10:13-14, and Matthew 7:6.