1. Is it a good thing to be in a hurry to obtain earthly wealth?
NO: “A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent” (Proverbs 28:20).
- More on this in verse 22…
- Proverbs 13:11, Proverbs 20:21, Proverbs 23:4, and Luke 3:12-14.
2. Should you depend upon a person who has respect of persons?
No, he’ll transgress for a piece of bread: “To have respect of persons is not good: for for a piece of bread that man will transgress” (Proverbs 28:21).
- Leviticus 19:15.
- Respect of persons is not good any time (Proverbs 24:23 and James 2:1-12).
- As for transgressing for gain: Exodus 23:2, I Samuel 8:1-3, Amos 5:12, and Matthew 28:11-15.
3. Will the person who rushes to wealth keep his or her gains?
No, poverty comes on them: “He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him” (Proverbs 28:22).
- I Timothy 6:6-10.
- Wanting things of the world never results in good (Matthew 19:16-22, Mark 4:19, Ephesians 4:22, and I John 2:15-17).
4. Is it better to rebuke the erring or flatter him with the tongue?
Rebuke: “He that rebuketh a man afterwards shall find more favour than he that flattereth with the tongue” (Proverbs 28:23).
- Proverbs 27:5-6, Galatians 2:11-17, I Timothy 5:20, Titus 1:10-13, and Revelation 3:19.
5. Are there people who will wrong their parents and see no wrong in doing so?
Yes: “Whoso robbeth his father or his mother, and saith, It is no transgression; the same is the companion of a destroyer” (Proverbs 28:24).
- Proverbs 19:26 and Matthew 15:4-6.
- When there are godly parents you’re supposed to honor them (Exodus 20:12, Deuteronomy 5:16, and Ephesians 6:1-2).
6. Does pride have an effect on strife?
Yes: “He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat” (Proverbs 28:25).
- Proverbs 13:10, Proverbs 21:24, and Luke 22:24-30.
7. Is it wise to trust in your own heart?
No: “He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered” (Proverbs 28:26).
- Proverbs 3:5-7, Jeremiah 17:9-10, and Mark 7:21-23.
8. Is it beneficial to help the poor?
Yes: “He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse” (Proverbs 28:27).
- Under the Old Law, the blessings were carnal (Deuteronomy 15:10, Psalms 41:1-3, and Proverbs 22:9).
- The blessings for us now when we help the poor are not physical, but spiritual and eternal (Matthew 25:31-46).
9. Are righteous individuals comfortable when the wicked are in power?
No: “When the wicked rise, men hide themselves: but when they perish, the righteous increase” (Proverbs 28:28).
- The wicked in power is not good for righteous people (Proverbs 28:12, Proverbs 29:2, and Acts 8:1-4).