Words Of Truth
"That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth..." (Proverbs 22:21).
Having A Basic Understanding of Some Old Testament Truths
Part 335 – A Brief Recap Of Some Events From Deuteronomy - Ruth
Click Here To Download In PDF
1. Was the book of Deuteronomy written before or after Israel’s rebellion in not wanting to go into the land promised to them?
2. Why weren’t the children of Israel allowed to take Mount Seir or the land of Moab?
3. What was the conquering of the lands east of the Jordan supposed to do for Joshua?
4. When Moses established that he could not enter the land of Canaan, did he teach anything to Israel so that they didn’t think God had no mercy?
5. How were the children of the people supposed to learn of God’s works and their expected obedience to all His commands?
6. Who did God command the children of Israel to kill to conquer the land of Canaan? Why?
7. If the children of Israel conquered the land of Canaan as God commanded, were things going to go well for them?
8. Did Israel gain the promised land because of their faithfulness to God?
9. Were the children of Israel supposed to convert the places of idol worship to places for worship to God?
10. What were the children of Israel commanded to do regarding false prophets?
11. Under the New Testament all meats are permitted to be eaten (I Timothy 4:1-5). Was this true under the Old Law?
12. Could the word of one witness result in the proper execution of a death penalty?
13. What prophesy about Israel’s king did Moses give?
14. Did Moses prophesy of Christ?
15. What was God’s law to Israel regarding disobedient children?
16. What if an Israelite had a child with an Edomite or an Egyptian?
17. What if brethren dwelt together, and one of them died without having children?
18. We have repeatedly seen that God would bless Israel for obedience. What if they were not obedient?
19. What choices did God set before Israel?
20. Who was responsible for caring for the written Law of Moses?
21. In Deuteronomy chapter thirty-two, what attributes of God was Israel reminded of?
22. Though Moses did not enter the promised land, did he get to see it?
23. With big shoes that could not be filled (Deuteronomy 34:10-12), who led Israel after Moses’ death?
24. Who was Rahab and what did she do?
25. Did Israel build a bridge to cross the Jordan river?
26. What did God have Israel do with twelve stones after they crossed the Jordan river?
27. Were the kings that Israel were headed toward after crossing the Jordan arrogantly ready to fight Israel?
28. How did the walls of Jericho fall?
29. Who suffered for the sins of Achan?
30. After Ai defeated Israel because of Achan’s transgression, was Israel ever able to overcome them?
31. Though nations joined together (Joshua 9:1-2 and Joshua 11:1-5) and Gibeon deceived Israel (Joshua 9:3-10:11), was Joshua able to conquer the lands wherein they went?
32. Other than the inherited land of the tribes of Reuben, Gad, half of Manasseh, and the Levites that had no land; how were the children of Israel going to have their lands divided?
33. What happened when the children of Reuben, Gad, and the half tribe of Manasseh built an altar?
34. Before Joshua died, what did he call Israel for?
35. Could it be said that Joshua and the elders of that time did a good job leading Israel?
36. What was done with Joseph’s bones?
37. Who rebuked the children of Israel for not driving out all of the inhabitants of the land?
38. What happened when the next generation arose in Israel?
39. Who did the Lord raise up to deliver Israel out of the hands of the spoilers? Did those delivers get Israel to repent?
40. Who was Israel in bondage under for eight years for breaking their covenant with the Lord?
41. What did Othniel do?
42. What did Ehud do?
43. Who was Shamgar?
44. What happened after Ehud died?
45. Who were Deborah, Barak, and Jael?
46. Who did God choose as a judge when Israel needed delivered from the Midianites and the Amalekites?
47. Why did God have an angel consume the flesh of kid unleavened cakes with fire and cause all the ground to be covered in dew except for a fleece of wool on the ground?
48. Why did God take Gideon’s army down to three hundred noise makers?
49. Who said, “I will not rule over you, neither shall my son rule over you: the LORD shall rule over you?”
50. What happened, “as soon as Gideon was dead?”
51. Was Abimelech a good man?
52. What happened after we read about the deaths of Tola and Jair?
53. What did Jephthah, a mighty man of valor, vow to God if God delivered the Ammonites into his hands?
54. After we read of the deaths of Jephthah, Ibzan, Elon, and Abdon; what do we read about the faithfulness of Israel?
55. What was God’s plan to bring His people out of the hands of the Philistines?
56. Briefly, what highlights stand out in the life of Samson?
57. From the days after Samson through the remainder of the book of Judges, was it good that there was no king, or other leaders, among the people?
58. Who was Naomi and who was Ruth?
59. What was different about Ruth from her sister-in-law Orpah?
60. Was Ruth looking for a “free ride” from Naomi?
61. Who recognized Ruth’s work ethics and choices to come amongst the Lord’s people?
62. When Ruth, as advised by Naomi, pursued interest in Boaz; was he receptive?
63. Who was the child of Boaz and Ruth?
Click Here To Return To The Index Of Old Testament Studies
© 2017 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager