Words Of Truth
"That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth..." (Proverbs 22:21).
Having A Basic Understanding of Some Old Testament Truths
Part 336 – A Brief Recap Of Some Events From I Samuel – II Kings
Click Here To Download In PDF
1. What did Hannah promise God with her request to have a child?
2. Why did God reject Eli the priest and his house?
3. Who made Samuel a prophet?
4. What did the Philistines know and learn about the ark of God?
5. What did Israel need to do to be delivered out of the hands of the Philistines?
6. Since Samuel’s sons walked contrary to the right ways, what did the elders of Israel ask for?
7. Who was chosen to be the first king in Israel?
8. What foolish actions did Saul take that resulted in him being rejected by God as the king?
9. Who was anointed to replace Saul as king?
10. What did Saul do when an evil spirit troubled him?
11. When Israel feared Goliath, who stepped up to defeat him?
12. Was Saul supportive of David?
13. Who, contrary to Saul’s law, went to the witch of Endor to enquire of the then dead Samuel?
14. What did David do when he received the news that Saul and Jonathan died?
15. After the Philistines were defeated, what error caused the death of Uzzah?
16. Why, though Nathan erringly gave permission, did God say David could not build Him [God] a house [temple]?
17. Who was Mephibosheth and what did David do for him?
18. What did David do when he lusted after Bathsheba?
19. What happened after David sins regarding Bathsheba and Uriah?
20. Who was Solomon’s mother?
21. What did Amnon do to his sister Tamar?
22. What did Absalom do to his brother Amnon?
23. Though David mourned Amnon, was he forgiving toward Absalom?
24. Who won the hearts of Israel and conspired against David causing him to flee his throne?
25. What command did David give concerning the ark of God?
26. What did Ziba report to David concerning Mephibosheth?
27. Why did Ahithophel hang himself?
28. David previously chose not to kill Shimei (II Samuel 16:9-19), as you read forward in II Samuel did that prove to be a good decision?
29. After David regains the throne, why was there a three-year famine in the land?
30. What happened when David numbered Israel?
31. Was the passing of the throne from David to Solomon smooth?
32. Why did Solomon have Abithar the priest banished?
33. Though Solomon loved the Lord, what was his “only” problem?
34. When Solomon could have asked for anything from God, what did he request?
35. Did Solomon pursue building the temple as God told David he would?
36. Beyond helping with the construction of the temple, what else did Hiram help with in Solomon’s kingdom?
37. Why did the queen of Sheba visit Solomon?
38. As Solomon became great in all things, what caused God to raise up adversaries against him all of his days?
39. Did God plan to remove the kingdom from Solomon?
40. What events led to the division of the children of Israel?
41. What did Jeroboam do to prevent Israel from returning to the house of David?
42. Who was prophesied of regarding the tearing down of Jeroboam’s altar?
43. Why did God have the prophet who came to Jeroboam killed?
44. What was the difference between Abijam and Asa?
45. How did the death of Elah come about?
46. After the mess in Israel with Elah, Zimri, Omri, and Tibni, who took the throne in Israel?
47. Did Elijah bring good news to Ahab?
48. What did Elijah do to show the difference between himself and the false prophets of Baal?
49. What happened when Jezebel decided it was time for Elijah to die?
50. Who did Elijah “cast his mantle upon”?
51. How did Ahab stand victoriously against the Syrians?
52. What happened to Naboth?
53. Why did Micaiah the prophet get cast into prison?
54. What kind of reign did Jehoshaphat, king of Judah, have?
55. How did God respond to Ahaziah, the king of Israel, inquiring of the false god Baalzebub regarding whether or not he would recover from his disease?
56. How did Elisha gain a double portion of the spirit of Elijah?
57. When the kings of Israel, Judah, and Edom went together to battle the Moabites who among them was the only reason Elisha looked upon and aided them?
58. How did Naaman get healed of his leprosy?
59. What happened with an axe head that was dropped into the Jordan river?
60. Were the Syrians really capable of surrounding Elisha with chariots so great in number that Elisha would surrender to them?
61. How bad of a famine did Israel face when Samaria was besieged by Benhadad?
62. Was Jehu a peaceful king?
63. While Jehu was very zealous regarding some things, wherein did he fail?
64. How did Joash [Jehoash], at seven years old, gain the throne of Judah and then how did his death come about?
65. Why did God deliver Israel, in the days of Jehoahaz the son of Jehu, into the hands of the Syrians?
66. What happened when a dead man was cast into the sepulcher of Elisha?
67. As you read from chapter fourteen through sixteen about the kings of Israel and Judah, what patterns do you see?
68. What did the Lord eventually do with the ten tribes known as Israel?
69. How did God humble those who came and inhabited Samaria?
70. Did God allow Assyria to take Hezekiah and Jerusalem?
71. Was the word of Isaiah the prophet, after proving God spoke through him concerning the Assyrians, enough for Hezekiah from that point forward?
72. What prophesy concerning Babylon did Isaiah give?
73. Were Manasseh and Amon righteous kings for Judah?
74. What king was unlike any king before or after him that turned to the Lord with all his heart, and with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the law of Moses?
75. After Jehoahaz was taken by Pharaohnechoh, what happened to Judah?
Click Here To Return To The Index Of Old Testament Studies
© 2017 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager