Another Sermon Outline By Brian A. Yeager
More About Jesus…
A. We will not cover everything about Jesus. The Bible contains information about Jesus from the beginning of the book (Genesis 1:1; cf. John 1:1-5, Colossians 1:12-17, and Hebrews 1:1-3) through the end of the Bible (Revelation 22:21).
B. We’ll be focusing mostly in the New Testament, but do understand that the Old Testament has plenty to say about Jesus (John 5:31-47).
II. Body: Some great things to know about Jesus (Luke 2:8-11, John 9:35-38, and John 12:20-21).
1. Jesus is the only begotten [“monogenes” (Strong’s 3439); only born] Son of God (John 1:14, John 3:16-21, John 1:18, and I John 4:8-10; cf. John 8:23-24).
2. He was born of a woman in the flesh (Galatians 4:4), but never ceased being God in Spirit (Matthew 1:18-25, Romans 9:5, and Hebrews 1:8-12).
3. Jesus died, was buried, and raised on the third day (Luke 24:1-7), which was necessary for us to be saved (I Corinthians 15:1-17).
4. Jesus ascended into Heaven and is now on the right hand of the throne of His Father (Acts 1:6-11, Acts 2:29-34, and Hebrews 12:1-2).
5. Jesus will return at an unknown time [unknown to all except the Father] to judge everyone (Mark 13:31-37, I Thessalonians 5:1-6, and Romans 14:9-12; cf. Philippians 3:20-21).
6. Jesus is a determined doer of God’s will (John 4:31-34, John 5:30; 36, John 6:38, John 14:31, and John 17:4).
7. Jesus is compassionate (Luke 7:11-15).
8. He was/is (still living through the word – Hebrews 4:12) the Master teacher (Matthew 22:34-40, Mark 1:21-22, Luke 5:27-32, Luke 24:44-48 [<think of how longsuffering He was with the disciples], and John 8:28).
9. Jesus is not a “smooth talker” seeking to please people (Matthew 17:14-21, Luke 4:16-32, Luke 11:14-54, and John 7:7).
10. Jesus does not accept smooth talking “back side kissers” (Luke 18:18-23 and John 3:1-12).
Conclusion: Hopefully this lesson has made you want more (Matthew 5:6).
A. Let’s never - not know Jesus (John 14:8-9).
B. Let’s find Him over and over again knowing where to look (John 1:45).
© 2010 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager