Jesus – Our Example Of Steadfastness
Outline By: Brian A. Yeager
A. God commands us to be steadfast [firm; sure; unwavering] (I Corinthians 15:58).
1. Our steadfastness is to be unto the end (Hebrews 3:14).
2. Not being steadfast is an ingredient for rebellion (Psalms 78:1-8).
B. Being steadfast requires decisiveness (Joshua 24:14-25).
1. A willingness to make a choice (Psalms 119:30 and Psalms 119:111).
2. A decisive person is a determined, unwavering person; as we are required to be (Proverbs 4:25-27, Ephesians 4:14, and Hebrews 10:23).
3. A decisive person is focused on the goal, which we must be (Galatians 6:9 and James 1:12).
II. Body: Set your mind to be steadfast like our Savior was (Hebrews 12:1-3).
A. Jesus was decisive (John 5:30, and John 6:38, and Hebrews 10:5-9).
1. He chose to suffer through what He faced for us (Matthew 20:28, John 10:11-18, and Ephesians 5:2).
2. He knew all that He was to face BEFORE He faced it (Matthew 20:19).
B. Jesus was unwavering (Luke 6:6-12).
1. He didnŐt waver for popularity (Matthew 13:53-58).
2. He didnŐt waver to satisfy desires of the flesh (Matthew 4:1-11).
3. He didnŐt waver to make it easier on Himself (Luke 23:8-11).
C. Jesus was determined to finish (John 4:31-34 and John 5:36).
1. Jesus set His face to finish what He came to do (Luke 9:51).
2. He was not going to fail (Luke 12:50).
3. Even when all the weight of the world was on Him, He was determined (Matthew 26:36-46 and John 12:27-28).
a. He finished though He knew what He was doing was/is a lost cause for many (Matthew 7:13-14 and Luke 18:8).
b. He finished even when those who said theyŐd stand with Him did not (Mark 14:29-31 and Mark 14:46-52).
c. He finished even though those who despised Him would benefit from what He did (Acts 3:13-19).
4. Knowing beforehand how much He would suffer (Matthew 16:21), He still went through with the pain and humiliation for us (Mark 15:22-32).
III. Conclusion: As Jesus finished His course and ascended to the Father (Hebrews 1:3), so shall it be for us if we are steadfast until the end (I Peter 1:3-9).
© 2013 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager