It GetŐs Easier
Outline By: Brian A. Yeager
A. GodŐs people face a lot of trials (I Peter 4:12-16).
1. Facing persecution, for the sake of righteousness, is not a bad thing (I Thessalonians 3:2-4 and II Timothy 3:12).
2. We are prey amongst predators (Psalms 37:12-15; cf. Luke 10:1-3).
3. Some even ignorantly persecute us in the name of God (John 16:1-3).
B. Sometimes we have to give up things we love/like (Mark 10:28-31).
1. Sometimes itŐs family and other close relationships (Matthew 10:34-39, and Luke 21:16; cf. James 4:4).
2. Sometimes weŐll find we canŐt trust those we love most in the flesh (Micah 7:5-6).
II. Body: Romans 5:1-3 and I Peter 1:7-9.
A. Know that each challenge we overcome makes us stronger (James 1:2-3).
1. We hold on and get stronger and stronger (Job 17:9).
2. Through the words of our Lord (Romans 15:4) and our brethren (I Thessalonians 5:11; 14), we can get back up when knocked down (Isaiah 40:29-31).
3. As you grow, you can harden your forehead against those set on wickedness (Ezekiel 3:4-9).
a. Don't let yourself get so hard that you lose compassion (I Peter 3:8).
b. We need compassion to help others be saved (Mark 6:34).
4. When you get stronger you realize that no one can really fight against you (Romans 8:31-39) and then you help othersÉ
B. Think of how our endurance, through tough times, helps others (Acts 11:19-23).
1. WeŐre expected to push others to endure (Hebrews 10:22-25).
2. Our examples speak loudly (I Timothy 4:12).
C. DonŐt even think about getting tired or quitting (Acts 14:21-22, Galatians 6:9, Hebrews 12:1-3, and Revelation 2:8-11).
1. Through persecution and even Jerusalem being destroyed, the Lord expected endurance to the end (Matthew 10:21-22 and Matthew 24:13).
2. We have to continue in the faith (Colossians 1:22-23 and Hebrews 3:5-6; 14) and be unmovable (I Corinthians 15:58).
3. We are soldiers and we need to act like such (II Timothy 2:3-4).
III. Conclusion: All in all, itŐs temporary anyway (II Corinthians 4:16-5:1) with the reward still to come (James 1:12).
© 2012 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager