I Have Heard Thy Speech And Was Afraid
Outline By: Brian A. Yeager
A. People often think that God will not hold them accountable for their deeds (Zephaniah 1:12).
1. Some like to think that God will not remember their evil deeds (Psalms 10:11-13).
2. Some think they can hide their sins from God (Psalms 64:5, Psalms 73:11, and Ezekiel 8:12).
3. Some think the Judgment Day isnŐt ever coming (II Peter 3:3-4).
B. The Lord cannot lie (Titus 1:2) and He has PROMISED...
1. Judgment upon the world wherein everyone will be accountable (John 5:28-29, Acts 17:31, and II Peter 3:9-10).
2. That He will not forget sins that arenŐt repented of (Jeremiah 14:10 and Romans 14:12).
3. That no one can hide his or her evil deeds from Him (Psalms 44:21, Psalms 94:7-11, and Revelation 2:20-23).
II. Body: ŇÉI have heard thy speech, and was afraidÉÓ (Habakkuk 3:1-2).
A. The prophet Habakkuk had seen visions of things he was to write about so that people would run after reading it (Habakkuk 2:1-4).
1. The judgment of our Lord is something that will shake you up (I Samuel 3:11, II Kings 21:12, and Jeremiah 19:3).
2. GodŐs judgment is to be feared (Psalms 119:120 and Hebrews 10:26-31).
3. Think about thisÉ God had asked His prophets to warn the people from Him (Ezekiel 3:17-21).
B. Some people have the attitude of, ŇI will just let God do whatever He wants to meÓ as they mock the Lord (Isaiah 5:18-19 and Jeremiah 17:15).
1. Do you really want to find out what GodŐs worst looks like (Matthew 10:28 and Mark 9:42-47)?
2. Those who perish, being judged by God, will have no second chances (Proverbs 29:1 and Matthew 25:41).
3. There is no escape (Romans 2:1-3).
C. Hear what the Lord has said, fear it, and act upon it (Philippians 2:12).
1. DonŐt get Ňat easeÓ, but serve Him with fear (Psalms 2:11).
2. Tremble at GodŐs word (Isaiah 66:2).
3. Let fear move you (Hebrews 11:7).
4. Christ is the source of salvation to those who obey (Hebrews 5:8-9).
III. Conclusion: After fear moves you to our Lord, let love keep you in Him (John 14:23).
© 2012 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager