His Greatness Is Unsearchable
Outline By: Brian A. Yeager
A. The pursuit for knowledge is good (II Peter 3:18) and worthy of the costs to obtain it (Philippians 3:8).
1. Knowledge sets us free (John 8:32).
2. Knowledge comes through searching (John 5:39).
3. Knowledge brings our spiritual renewal (Colossians 3:10).
4. Much more could be said of knowledge, so in short we should realize knowledge of the truth is inseparable from our eternal salvation (I Timothy 2:4)
B. The desire for knowledge must be coupled with humility concerning how there is a higher knowledge than we can obtain (Isaiah 55:7-9).
1. GodŐs thinking is very deep and only the fool ignores that (Psalms 92:5-6).
2. Furthermore, there is no comparison of worldly knowledge to GodŐs (I Corinthians 1:25-31).
II. Body: ŇGreat is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchableÓ (Psalms 145:3).
A. Great is the Lord (Job 36:26).
1. There is none like God (Isaiah 40:18-25 and Jeremiah 10:6).
2. He is great in love (Ephesians 2:1-5).
3. He is great in might and terrible along with being just (Deuteronomy 10:17-18, Nehemiah 1:5, and Job 37:22-24).
4. His greatness is incomparable (Deuteronomy 3:24 and Psalms 86:8).
B. He is to be praised greatly (Psalms 48:1).
1. We are to praise God continually (Hebrews 13:15).
2. In a heartfelt manner (Psalms 86:12).
C. His greatness is beyond searching (Job 5:8-10).
1. Look up sometime (Psalms 19:1-6 and Genesis 9:11-16).
2. Consider Creation at some time (Isaiah 40:25-26).
a. What is holding up the earth (Job 26:7)?
b. How do you exist (Isaiah 45:12)?
c. From what did man become flesh (Genesis 2:7)?
d. What continues to keep you alive (Isaiah 42:5, Acts 14:17, and Hebrews 6:7)?
e. What keeps the oceans in place (Jeremiah 5:22)?
f. Who controls seasons (Genesis 8:22)?
3. Our pursuit for knowledge will cap where our ability to know is limited (Isaiah 40:28).
4. Truly, GodŐs understanding is infinite (Psalms 147:5).
III. Conclusion: God is so great that His ways are past finding out (Romans 11:33-36).
© 2015 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager