He That Is Least In The Kingdom Is Greater Than He
Outline By: Brian A. Yeager
A. People often misunderstand what greatness is (Jeremiah 9:23-24).
1. What does worldly wealth really do (Proverbs 23:5)?
2. How far does being physically strong go (Psalms 33:16)?
3. How far will worldly wisdom go (Isaiah 29:14)?
4. The world values things that do not last (I John 2:15-17).
B. We should learn greatness from someone whom really understands greatness (Psalms 96:4).
1. We are looking towards real exaltation (I Peter 5:6).
2. However, that does not mean what we are now is short of amazing (I John 4:4).
II. Body: With The Mindset Of Humility, LetŐs Consider How Great We Are In The Sight Of God (Luke 7:24-28).
A. John was not a ŇnobodyÓ (Matthew 3:1-7).
1. He was prophesied of (Isaiah 40:1-3 and Malachi 3:1-3).
2. He had a miraculous, special birth (Luke 1:5-25; 1:57-66).
3. Yet, even if you are least in the kingdom you are greater than him. Consider that (Ephesians 2:19-22)!
B. We [faithful Christians] are really great (I Peter 2:5-9).
1. You [faithful Christians] are figuratively GodŐs temple (Hebrews 3:1-6).
2. We are a redeemed, peculiar people (Titus 2:11-14).
3. We are partakers of the inheritance (Colossians 1:12-13).
C. We are GodŐs children (II Corinthians 6:17-18).
1. This is NOT said of people of the world (I John 3:1-2).
2. Even Israel of old did not have the relationship we now have (Galatians 4:1-5).
D. Still, we cannot think more highly of ourselves than we should (Romans 12:3).
1. We are not saved because of our good works (II Corinthians 5:21 and II Timothy 1:9-10).
2. So, while we [faithful Christians] are great in many ways, we have to stay grounded (Matthew 5:3).
III. Conclusion: LetŐs rejoice that we will inherit glory (Romans 8:17).
© 2015 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager