Words Of Truth
"That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth..." (Proverbs 22:21).
Having A Prize Fighter’s Mentality
Outline by Brian A. Yeager
A. We are supposed to be fighters (I Timothy 6:12)
1. You want to be able to say you have fought a good fight when your physical life comes to an end (II Timothy 4:6-8).
2. There is a prize to look towards (Philippians 3:8-15).
B. It’s not a carnal fight (II Corinthians 10:3-5).
1. We are in a spiritual fight (Ephesians 6:11-13).
2. Don’t think carnally at all (Romans 8:5-8).
II. Body: So Fight (I Corinthians 9:24-27).
A. Train yourself with God’s word to be strong, to be of good courage, to be fearless in the fight (Joshua 1:6-9).
1. Christians are to be strong (I Corinthians 16:13).
2. Strength comes from the Lord (Philippians 4:13) and our faithful brethren (Luke 22:31-32).
3. We should grow stronger in difficult times rather than letting those times tear us down (II Corinthians 12:6-10).
B. Train yourself to be fit enough to endure [have patience] (II Peter 1:3-11).
1. Strength plays in here too (Proverbs 24:10).
2. Lose the dead weight that will slow you down if not hold you back entirely (Hebrews 12:1-3).
3. Like strength, difficult times should help us build endurance (Romans 5:3-4 and James 1:2-4).
4. We must endure to the end (Mark 13:13 and Hebrews 10:36).
C. Train yourself, your mind, to get up if knocked down (II Corinthians 4:8-5:1).
1. Learn to redirect your thoughts (Psalms 77:1-20).
2. If down, for whatever reason, just get up (Hebrews 12:12-13)!
D. Train to have a finisher’s mentality (John 4:30-34 and Acts 20:22-24).
1. Don’t easily tire out (Galatians 6:9).
2. Realize that victory is ours for the taking (I John 5:1-5).
III. Conclusion: Fight (Jude 1:3) With Your Eyes On The Prize (Jude 1:21).
Class and Sermon Outline Index
© 2017 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager