Words Of Truth
"That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth..." (Proverbs 22:21).
God Is Not So Mysterious (Part 1)
(Understanding Miracles, Prayer, Providence, etc.)
Outline by Brian A. Yeager
A. People often hide ignorance behind Scriptures such as: Deuteronomy 29:29.
1. God’s mind is beyond our own (Romans 11:33-36).
2. Yet, Jesus told His disciples… John 15:15.
3. God doesn’t want to hide things from us (Ephesians 1:3-9).
B. God has made known MUCH of His ways (Psalms 103:6-7).
1. Even the hidden things of the Old Testament (I Peter 1:9-12) are now revealed (Colossians 1:26-27).
2. Those revealed mysteries are understandable (Ephesians 3:1-11).
II. Body: God Is A Revealer And Shares His Mind With Us (I Corinthians 2:1-16).
A. We have all we need to know (II Timothy 3:15-17 and II Peter 1:1-4).
1. God has freely foretold of things to come (Isaiah 46:10-11).
2. God has explained why He did things (Isaiah 45:18-19).
a. Ex. Why Israel wasn’t totally destroyed (Psalms 106:43-45, Amos 9:8-9, Acts 3:25-26; cf. Matthew 1:1).
b. Ex. Purpose of miracles (Mark 16:15-20).
c. Ex. If He were behind a judgment amongst men, before “THE JUDGMENT”, when and signs of it’s coming (Matthew 23:34-24:34).
3. This doesn’t mean we have all details (John 20:30-31).
4. However, we have all the needed details (Psalms 19:7-11).
5. Our Lord doesn’t have this “I am too mysterious for you to get me” mind that people attribute to Him. Our Lord wants us to understand Him and His will (Luke 24:13-27 and John 17:3).
B. Tough questions… Search and find the answers (John 5:39).
1. The knowledge is there if we want it (Psalms 119:130).
2. The pursuit of such knowledge must by likened to a search of a treasure (Proverbs 2:1-6; cf. Matthew 13:44).
C. Understand that God didn’t and doesn’t hide His works (Psalm 145:9–13 and John 18:20).
1. “Hey, there’s a rainbow.” We know why (Genesis 9:11-17).
2. Why there are seasons, etc. (Acts 14:17).
3. God doesn’t do something and allow men to wonder if He did it or not (Isaiah 42:8 and Isaiah 48:11).
4. When God chose to be behind invasions He foretold of it, the reason why, etc. (II Chronicles 36:14-23) and left witnesses to testify afterwards (Ezekiel 12:16).
5. When a miracle was performed, there was a reason (Hebrews 2:3-4).
III. Conclusion: We Can See If We Just Look (Acts 17:16-31).
Class and Sermon Outline Index
© 2016 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager