Glory In This
Outline By: Brian A. Yeager
A. We live in a world that stresses notoriety for achievements and glory among men (Matthew 6:2 and Mark 12:38-40).
1. Such is not the case with our Lord (Matthew 20:20-28 and Luke 17:7-10).
2. To accept an inglorious life on earth you have to be humble and that is exactly what God requires (James 4:6-10).
3. Thus, the godly donŐt seek glory of men (I Thessalonians 2:4-6).
B. Glory doesnŐt belong to us (Romans 16:27).
1. If you want to glory in someone, let it be the Lord (I Corinthians 1:31).
2. The glory of man fades away (I Peter 1:24).
II. Body: Jeremiah 9:23-24
A. DonŐt glory in YOUR wisdom (I Corinthians 3:18-21).
1. DonŐt wise in your own eyes (Proverbs 3:5-7 and Isaiah 5:21).
2. Understand that godly wisdom and worldly wisdom are opposites (I Corinthians 1:18-25 and I Corinthians 2:1-14).
3. True wisdom will be shown through righteous fruit (James 3:13-18).
4. If we want real wisdom, we have to learn to look to GodŐs word (II Timothy 3:15-17) and the right company for it (Proverbs 13:20).
B. DonŐt glory in YOUR might (Psalms 33:16-19).
1. Worldly strength does not deliver anyone (Ecclesiastes 9:11-18).
2. Real strength cannot be measured by fleshly standards (Proverbs 24:5, Proverbs 24:10, and Ephesians 6:10).
C. DonŐt glory in YOUR riches (Psalms 49:6-13 and Proverbs 11:4).
1. Wealth surely does not make salvation easier (Mark 10:17-31).
2. Therefore, the wealthy do well not to trust in their riches (I Timothy 6:17).
D. Glory in your relationship with the Lord (Jeremiah 4:1-2 and II Corinthians 10:17-18).
1. Who are those who Ňknow HimÓ or even donŐt know Him (Matthew 7:21-23, Luke 6:46, I Corinthians 15:34, II Thessalonians 1:7-9, and I John 2:3)?
2. Who are those who are His (II Timothy 2:19)?
3. There is a rightful glory tied to our salvation (Psalms 62:7 and II Timothy 2:10).
III. Conclusion: Philippians 3:3-14
© 2015 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager