Words Of Truth
"That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth..." (Proverbs 22:21).
Forasmuch Then As The Children Are Partakers of Flesh And Blood
Outline by Brian A. Yeager
A. The angel said unto Mary… Luke 1:26-38
1. Jesus came to be sacrificed (Hebrews 10:1-18).
2. We should often think of “why?” (I John 2:1-2).
B. The life of Christ had a purpose (John 1:15-36).
II. Body: Hebrews 1:1-2:18
A. Jesus was/is above angels and men (Romans 9:1-5).
1. Preeminence belongs to Him as the reconciler of things in Heaven and on earth (Colossians 1:12-23).
2. Not just above, but FAR ABOVE (Ephesians 1:19-23).
B. Confirmation of God in the flesh was seen (Acts 2:22).
1. Witnesses testified (Acts 2:32, Acts 5:30-32, and Acts 10:34-43).
2. Our Father confirmed (Matthew 17:1-5).
3. We must believe it (John 8:23-24).
C. Consider some reasons that Jesus came in the flesh, born of a woman...
1. That through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil (I John 3:1-10).
2. To deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage (I Corinthians 15:20-26 and I Corinthians 15:50-58).
3. To take on the seed of Abraham (Matthew 1:1 and Romans 4:13-25).
4. To live in the flesh (Philippians 2:3-11), like His brethren (Mark 3:31-35).
5. Being made like His brethren He lived through fleshly temptations as we do for a reason (Hebrews 4:14-5:10).
6. To make reconciliation for the sins of the people (Romans 5:8-10 and II Corinthians 5:18).
III. Conclusion: Remember to see Jesus through their words/eyes (I John 1:1-3).
Class and Sermon Outline Index
© 2017 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager