Words Of Truth
"That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth..." (Proverbs 22:21).
Food Convenient For Me
Outline by Brian A. Yeager
A. Having enough and what to do with it has long been a needed lesson (Deuteronomy 8:1-20).
1. The cares, riches, and pleasures of this life choke the word of God (Luke 8:14).
2. Getting “more” has been an oft traveled sinful road (James 5:1-5).
B. Carnal desires are dangerous (Galatians 5:16-17).
1. To avoid such dangers, we are to make no provisions for fleshly desires (Romans 13:13-14).
2. If we turn ourselves over to those desires, we are sure to bring our spiritual downfall about (Romans 8:12-13).
II. Body: The Danger Of Too Little And Too Much (Proverbs 30:8-9).
A. Poverty CAN be dangerous (Isaiah 8:20-22).
1. To some degree, men excuse thievery if one is suffering hunger (Proverbs 6:30-31).
a. God does not excuse a thief (Romans 13:9-10).
b. Having “too little” can lead people to do dumb things (Numbers 11:4-15).
2. Poverty driving some to do evil is especially true for those who have had and then have not (Lamentations 4:1-10).
3. This is not to say that being poor means you will fail (James 2:5).
B. Wealth CAN be dangerous (Revelation 3:14-19).
1. Materialistic “good times” can turn us from God (Deuteronomy 31:20).
2. Wealth CAN become a hinderance (Mark 10:17-25).
3. At the same time, wealth is not always dangerous (I Timothy 6:17).
C. Contentment is NOT dangerous (I Timothy 6:6-10).
1. Better is what (Psalms 37:16, Proverbs 15:16, and Proverbs 16:8)?
2. The right mindset (Luke 3:12-14 and Philippians 4:10-20).
D. Don’t be so focused on what you want so that you lose sight of what you have (Psalms 103:2 and Colossians 3:15).
1. All of us, in this congregation, have our physical needs being met (Acts 14:17).
2. In material things you could be broke, but be rich in other ways (Proverbs 13:7 and Ephesians 1:18).
3. In the end (II Peter 3:9-14), what treasure endures (Matthew 6:19-21)?
III. Conclusion: Matthew 6:24-34
Class and Sermon Outline Index
© 2016 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager