Another Sermon Outline By Brian A. Yeager
Don’t Be So Careless
A. Some so-called “Christians” seem to coast through life with an “I don’t really care” attitude, which is wrong (Zephaniah 1:12).
1. Some have this attitude because they don’t feel they need God (Hosea 13:5-8 and Luke 12:16-21).
2.Others are just simply indifferent (Revelation 3:1; 14-16).
B. The word of God instructs us to be on alert (I Thessalonians 5:6-8 and I Peter 1:13).
1. We have to remember that we are prey looking out for a predator (I Peter 5:8).
2. Therefore, we need to WATCH, not “chill” (I Corinthians 16:13).
II. Body: The careless need to wake up (Isaiah 32:9-11 and Amos 6:1-6).
A. We’d better care about how we conduct ourselves (Jeremiah 32:19, Romans 2:1-6, and II Peter 3:10-14).
1. Our conduct should be as becomes the Gospel (Philippians 1:27) and is fitting for saints (Romans 16:1-2).
2. There is a behavior expected of all saints (Ephesians 5:1-5; cf. Matthew 5:48).
3. We are expected to behave in holiness (Hebrews 12:14 and I Peter 1:15).
B. We’d better care about how others perceive us (Proverbs 22:1, Ecclesiastes 7:1, Acts 24:16, and I Thessalonians 2:10).
1. We should be the example of what others ought to be doing (Matthew 5:14-16, I Timothy 4:12, and Titus 2:7-8).
2. Our works should show that we are faithful, wise Christians (James 3:13; cf. Proverbs 20:11).
3. Our conduct should be above reproach (I Peter 2:12 and I Peter 3:16).
C. We’d better care about keeping ourselves aright (II John 6-9 and Jude 21).
1. Are you spending an appropriate amount of time making sure what you’re doing and saying is right (Ephesians 5:10 and I Thessalonians 5:21)?
2. Are you spending an appropriate amount of time reflecting on what you’ve done (I Corinthians 11:27-32 and II Corinthians 13:5)?
III. Conclusion: If you’ve been spiritually indifferent, it’s time to WAKE UP and do something about it (Matthew 25:1-13).
© 2010 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager