There is a philosophy today of making it easier and less complicated. This philosophy is shown in every aspect of the American culture. Fast food, TV dinners, microwave ovens, and pizza delivery. While these things may not compromise anything in our spiritual lives, it does set a pattern of easier and faster. This philosophy is what has helped spread the use of modern Bible versions. These modern Bible versions are not accurate to God's word, but we today think "it's easier". It is easier, easier to learn and teach error.
I. God is not a changing God
b. The word brings life John
6:63 "It is the spirit that quickeneth;
the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are
spirit, and they are life."
a. What occurs to those that change God's word? Revelation 22:18-19 "18. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."
D. God tells us numerous times not to change His word
2. Deuteronomy 12:32"What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it."
3. Jeremiah 26:2 "Thus saith the Lord; Stand in the court of the Lord's house, and speak unto all the cities of Judah, which come to worship in the Lord's house, all the words that I command thee to speak unto them; diminish not a word."
4. Proverbs 30:6 "Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar."
5. John 10:35 "If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken."
6. Paul said there were many that corrupted the word II Corinthians 2:17 "For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ."
7. Galatians 1:6-12"6. I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. 10. For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. 11. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."
3. Revised Standard Edition Romans 10:10 "For man believes with his heart and so is justified, and he confesses with his lips and so is saved."
4. The Living Bible John 3:16 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." Romans 10:10 "For it is by believing in his heart that a man becomes right with God; and with his mouth he tells others of his faith, confirming his salvation. "
5. The New American Catholic Bible Romans 10:10 "For one believes with the heart and so is justified, and one confesses with the mouth and so is saved." Besides adding 9 books to the 66 proven inspired texts!
6. The Good News Bible Romans 10:10 "For it is by our faith that we are put right with God; it is by our confession that we are saved."
7. Kid's Life Application Bible Romans 10:10 "when we
believe in God we tell him and he saves us."
C. Making Babies Sinners: The Bible testifies that the
child does not bear the sins of it's father Ezekial
18:20 "The soul that sinneth, it shall
die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the
father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous
shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."
We are to be as little children when we are converted Matthew
18:3, not little sinners. Sin is transgression of the law I
John 3:4, how could a baby transgress God's law?
E. Satan is using MAN in preaching to teach error. Paul
warned the Ephesians elders of this Acts 20:29-30"29.
For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in
among you, not sparing the flock. 30. Also of your own selves shall men
arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them."
"The Catholic church has, in recent years, seen a decline in their numbers.
They attribute this, in part, to the perception the public has of them as
being exclusive and intolerant of other religious groups. In an attempt to
soften this image, they sponsored the "Jubilee 2000 Revival" in hopes of
appearing more open, tolerant and accepting of differing religious groups.
It is in this new found spirit of ecumenicalism that they had speakers from
different religious bodies come to St. Leo's to speak each night. Those
delivering messages included a Catholic woman, Sister Mary Margaret Pazdan;
an African- American Baptist preacher, Reverend Herman Toles; and a husband
and wife team, co-pastors of a Presbyterian church, the Reverends Ann Marie
and David Montgomery.
In addition to those mentioned above, one of the speakers for this event was
John Dale, preacher for the Glendale Road Church of Christ in Murray, KY. By
John's own admission, the Catholic church placed no restriction on what
topic to speak on or what he could say. He could have spoken on whatever he
chose. John chose the topic of "Living Jubilee in Murray & Calloway County."
His message was one of cooperation and tolerance. John spoke of his enjoyment of being a part of that Catholic"Jubilee 2000 Revival." He further explained that this Jubilee was a
jubilation and that "this jubilation is a celebration." Part of his message
was that he was proud of the way in which the various churches got along and
dwelt in peace in Murray and Calloway County."
a. Note this passage Ephesians 5:11 "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. "
C. Let's be what the church is supposed to be I Timothy 3:15 "But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth."