Sermon Outline By Brian A. Yeager
Delivered By The Lord
A. People tend to try to forget God, but they don’t think about what that means about their deliverance from sin (Psalms 50:22-23).
1. Sin [iniquity] is bondage (Proverbs 5:22, John 8:34, and Acts 8:23).
2. We need freedom from sin (Romans 6:17-23).
B. It is Christ who makes us free from the bondage of sin (Romans 8:2), but that means...
1. We should not use our freedom from sins as a cover to be sinful people (I Peter 2:16; cf. Matthew 23:14).
2. Freedom from sin makes us servants to the Lord (I Corinthians 7:22).
II. Body: Galatians 1:3-4
A. God (remembering there are three persons who are God –II Corinthians 13:14, I John 5:7, etc.) is the source of the grace that saves us (Acts 15:11, Romans 5:15, and II Thessalonians 2:16-17).
1. We must understand that grace is something not earned (Ephesians 2:8-10), but needs to be acquired.
a. Noah was saved by grace (Genesis 6:5-8).
b. Grace did not allow Noah to do as he pleased (Genesis 6:22 and Genesis 7:5).
c. Grace did not allow Noah to be saved without effort on his part (Hebrews 11:7 and I Peter 3:20-21).
d. Sincere love is what keeps us in grace (Ephesians 6:24; cf. John 14:15).
2. Grace is not a “get out of jail free card” (Romans 6:1-2, Galatians 5:4, and Titus 2:11-14).
3. That being said, without the grace of our Lord we’d all be damned (Ephesians 2:1-5).
B. Jesus gave Himself for our sins (Romans 4:24-25).
1. We need to realize that Jesus laid down His life for us by His choice (Matthew 20:28, John 10:11, John 10:17-18, Ephesians 5:2, and I Timothy 2:4-6).
2. We have to always remember that our just Lord died for us whom have been unjust (I Peter 3:18).
3. Truly, we can see the love of our Lord through His actions (Romans 5:6-10, I John 3:16, and I John 4:9-10).
C. Jesus gave Himself for our sins to deliver us from this present evil world (Galatians 4:3).
1. The world is evil (John 7:7 and I John 5:19).
2. Again, though Christ died to deliver us from this evil world, we still have to take action (Acts 2:40-41).
3. Furthermore, once delivered from this world, we have to keep ourselves from the influences and evil therein (Romans 12:1-2, Colossians 3:1-4, I Thessalonians 5:22, and I John 2:15-17).
III. Conclusion: For us to walk free through the deliverance of the Lord, we have to seek (Psalms 119:45), obey (Hebrews 5:8-9), and continue in His words (John 8:31-32 and Colossians 1:20-23).
© 2011 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager