Another Sermon Outline By Brian A. Yeager
Consider What You’re Worth
A. If you’re not a faithful Christian, you are neglecting a great gift from God (Hebrews 2:1-3).
1. If you’re not a Christian, you can see how much God values your soul by you being alive today (II Peter 3:9-15).
2. If you’re not a Christian, recognize how much it would mean to your Creator if you would be converted to Christ and remain in that state until the end (Matthew 18:12-13).
B. This lesson is more intended for Christians who have obeyed and continue faithful (Colossians 1:18-23).
1. An apostate, erring, or weak “Christian” needs to be converted (James 5:19-20).
2. Yet, that sinning individual still has a place where they’re needed (I Corinthians 12:14-27).
II. Body: The value of one soul (Luke 15:1-32)!
A. You can know what you’re worth by considering how much God paid to save you (Romans 6:23, I Peter 1:18-19, and I Peter 3:18).
1. The work God did to bring Christ into the world from Abraham forward shows your value (Genesis 22:18, Jeremiah 14:10, Ezekiel 6:3-10, Isaiah 65:9, Micah 7:18, and Hebrews 7:14).
2. The fact that God kept his word, even though the fulfilling of it, meant His only begotten Son would suffer shows you your value to God (Acts 3:18; 17:3).
B. You can know what you’re worth by considering how much you mean to people of the world (Matthew 5:13-16 and Ezekiel 22:30).
1. They may be ungrateful (II Timothy 3:1-5 [v. 3 especially] and Hebrews 12:1-3).
2. Yet, without you, they stay lost (Romans 10:10-17 and II Corinthians 4:5-7).
3. Don’t get so angry when people of the world do not realize what you are worth to them, but that is not a pass either (Acts 3:13-19).
C. You can know what you’re worth by considering how much you mean to your brethren (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 and Galatians 6:2).
1. The work we have of God requires working together (Romans 12:4-5 and Philippians 1:27).
2. Outside of the Scriptures (Romans 15:4), we need brethren for encouragement (John 15:12, Romans 1:12, Romans 15:1-3, and I Thessalonians 5:11).
3. Look around, everyone here is valuable, because we need each other (Ephesians 4:16 and Hebrews 10:23-25).
III. Conclusion: Get your head UP, you’re worth more than you think (I Corinthians 6:20)!!!!
© 2010 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager