Character Qualities Of A Faithful Person
Outline By: Brian A. Yeager
A. The word “faithful”, as it used in verses such as I Corinthians 4:2, Colossians 1:2 means: “believing, faithful, trusty, reliable” etc.
1. That same Greek word is translated as “true” (II Corinthians 1:18).
2. The word is used in a manner to teach that you can depend on a faithful person to keep their promises (I Thessalonians 5:24, II Timothy 2:11, and I Peter 4:19).
3. The word is used to show a statement to be true (I Timothy 4:9).
B. Our credibility is revealed in our every day actions (II Timothy 3:10), not just in our worship attendance, contribution, study habits, etc.
1. Look at the qualifications of an elder (I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9).
2. Consider the things to expect of faithful preachers (I Corinthians 9:24-27 and I Timothy 4:12-16).
3. Look at what makes a faithful, moral woman (Proverbs 31:10-31 and I Timothy 5:1-16).
4. Consider these qualities revealed through daily life… Titus 2:2-14
II. Body: Looking At A Faithful Person Means Looking At The Way They Handle Things Outside Of The Scriptures As Much As Within (Luke 16:1-13).
A. Does your daily life reveal that you can be (Luke 6:43-46)…
1. …Trusted (Romans 12:17 and I Thessalonians 4:11-12)?
2. … Depended upon (Romans 16:1-4 and III John 1:1-6)?
3. … Expected to act wisely (James 3:13-18)?
B. Does your honesty carry over into your self-examination (I John 1:8-10)?
1. Does your self-exams carry thoughtfulness with the desire to act upon what you find (Psalms 119:59-60)?
2. If your self-exam found fault would you clean up only the visible things (Luke 11:39-40)?
C. Does your dependability carry over into how you act towards God and brethren (Philemon 1:4-5)?
1. Would others talk of how dependable you are (II Timothy 1:16-18)?
2. Consider how even a household can be reputable for true dependability (I Corinthians 16:15).
C. Does faithful wisdom display itself in your decisions (Ephesians 5:15-17 and Colossians 4:5)?
1. Would others commend you for your wisdom (Proverbs 12:8)?
2. Is that wisdom godly or worldly (I Corinthians 3:19 and II Corinthians 1:12)?
3. What does your words (Psalms 37:30) and actions show (Proverbs 14:16)?
III. Conclusion: Does your entire life reveal the qualities of faithfulness (Proverbs 10:9, Hebrews 13:18, and I Peter 2:12).
© 2015 This material may not be used for sale or other means to have financial gain. Use this as a tool for your own studies if such is helpful! Preachers are welcome to this work, but please do not use my work so that you can be lazy and not do your own studies. – Brian A. Yeager